Are you a procrastinator? I know I am so guilty of putting things off till the last-minute a lot! There are just days when I have the “I Don’t Wants” and it is so hard for me to be motivated on those days (mostly Mondays and Fridays). We’ve all been there before (or at least I think most people have been) and know what it’s like to seriously not want to do something. So I figured why not post a blog about how to beat procrastination. Lord knows I need some tips!! So here are some of the tips on how I “try” to beat procrastination.
- Practice Effective Time Management: You can do this by figuring out how long a task will take you to complete. Make sure you give yourself enough time to do whatever it is that you need to do. Rushing to get things done only makes things more chaotic for you and you become more stressed. And who enjoys stress?
- Commit to Assignments: Make lists of things you need to get done and check them off once completed. I know this has been effective for me because if I do not write down things I needed to do each day, I’d never get anything done.I also love using planners to write any important items/dates that I need to remember.
- Change Your Perspective: Try to see the positive in the task that you need to complete. Yes, I know sometimes that’s not always easy to do but if you can accomplish that, the task will not seem as bad. (I need to remember this)
- Be Realistic: Set goals that you know you can meet. At times, I have made lists of things I wanted to accomplish but was setting an impossible timeline to get them completed. Which in return stressed me out!
- Work In A Productive Environment: If you have to get an assignment completed within a certain time frame, working in an environment that you’re comfortable in is key! For me typically, I can not have a lot of noise around me, so I need a quite area.
- Self Talk-Postively: Instead of saying “I will never get this done”,etc tell yourself, you can accomplish what you need to get completed. Negative self talk only brings you down.
- Set Breaks For Youself: Giving yourself timed breaks between what you need to accomplish is so important!! This will allow your brain to rest and be recharged.
- Unschedule: Don’t overload your schedule. Sometimes we pile up so many items on our schedule, that we can easily become exhausted. It’s okay to rest at times!
- Learn To Forgive Youself: We all mistakes and we are not perfect. Sometimes we don’t get everything we want done, like we had planned. It’s not the end of the world (no matter how much we think it is).
- Reward Youself: Nothing feels better than rewarding ourselves when we accomplish something (especially what we thought was impossible).
I hope you found some of these tips to be helpful! Do you have any ways to beat procrastination? If you do leave me a comment on what works best for you!!