So wedding season is upon us and in full swing! I have so many friends that are currently engaged it’s not even funny. So of course, for all of us that have a lot of weddings to attend this season, we often ask ourselves…What Am I Going To Wear? Sure most of us have something to wear but today I’m here to give you some suggestions on what to wear/not to wear depending on what type of wedding it is. Here we go!
- Wear pieces that are subtle (no this doesn’t mean be boring-because I love patterns).Try to keep it simple but stylish.
- Don’t over do your make-up. (Now this may be a little hard for me to try to do because I love makeup but I try not to look like I caked my make up on). Romantic looks are great for weddings.
- Do Not Wear White! One of the biggest Don’ts of attending a wedding! White is reserved for the bride, so its rude to wear (unless she specifically instructs you to wear white to the wedding).
- Try To Avoid Wearing Black. I know that I don’t necessarily follow this “don’t”. It is suggested that wearing black to a wedding reminds people of mourning/death. I don’t think this one is one I will follow at times.
- No Sexy Revealing Clothes. When I see someone that attends a wedding looking half naked, I want to go up to them and be like this is a wedding, not a strip club. Showing some skin is okay but when you have your belly out,etc….thats just not cute.
Now for some idea’s on what to wear (now I know everyone’s style will be a little different from mine).
I love this dress because its has the perfect about of dressy without being overly dressy. It is also very comfortable and light weight (which if you attend a wedding in the south, light weight is key-of course as long as it’s not see through).
I love this dress because it’s classy and elegant. It can be dressed up with the right amount of accessories. This would be worn to a more formal wedding event (black tie/cocktail attire required).
This dress is perfect for those weddings where it’s not cold during the night but not hot. It’s simple but can be dressed up in many different ways.
This dress can be dressed up or down. Wearing sandals to a wedding isn’t something I would do, or see much of, but if you have a more casual wedding cute sandals are great to finish the look with.
As you know floral print is HUGE for the season! When I came across this dress, it reminded me of summer. Great for a casual wedding (though the shoes I would replace with these flower girl shoes to match the outfit).
This is also perfect for a casual wedding. I love the pairing of the wedges with it!
For me, during the summer time, wearing a maxi dress is one of the most comfortable things to wear. I have seen a lot more women wearing maxi dresses to weddings. Pair it with some cute wedges and some jewelry and you are good to go!
Now I know that every does like want to wear a dress to a wedding and that’s perfectly okay! So here are a few suggestions for the non dress wearers.
Hope this helped with some idea on what to wear for this wedding season! If you have any Do’s or Don’t on what to wear to a wedding, leave us a comment below! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!