For those of you who follow me on Instagram know how much I love make up. Makeup can do so many great things for you if used correctly. But…..there are times when it can be your absolute worst enemy (that’s hard for me to say because I love makeup)! Today I am going to be bringing light to some makeup mistakes that I have been guilty of in the past. We’ve all been there before (if you say you haven’t, you’d be lying). This is why practice makes perfect when it comes to learning makeup. This post is not to mock anyone that does their makeup a certain way but to better educate you on using makeup properly (remember we have all made these mistakes).
- Overdrawing Your Eyebrows: I am all for doing my eyebrows but there is a point to where they can be extremely overdone. Eyebrows really make a difference in what your whole face looks like. So if you’re going to do your eyebrows, its best to do a natural shape by filling them in with a matching brow powder or gel. I typically stay away from eyebrow pencils because they do not work best for me.
- Mismatched Foundation: I have been a victim to this when I was just learning to wear makeup. Finding the correct foundation shade is key to doing your makeup. Now this may take a few times to accomplish but once you get your perfect shade, you no longer have to worry about that “foundation line” on your face (remember bring your foundation all the way down to your neck and blend well). When trying to find your perfect shade I suggest matching it your chest or hand.
- Caking On Your Foundation: Have you ever had a break out and you think that piling on foundation will make it better? Doing this only makes your makeup looked caked on and irritates your break outs more. Use a concealer instead to help cover up those problem areas and then cover your face with foundation. You can also find a full coverage foundation that will help cover the imperfections you may think you have.
- Ignoring Skin Care: Skin care routines can be very time-consuming but I promise you it’s so worth it! Before doing your makeup make sure you clean, exfoliate and moisturize your face. This will help make your makeup go on more flawlessly. It will help your makeup not stick to those problem issues you may have (dry patches,etc).
- Going To Bed With Your Makeup On: This is probably one of the biggest mistakes anyone can make. This is not good for your skin and it can actually age it. Let your skin breath during the night.
I hope these tips were useful! Do you have any other makeup mistakes to avoid, if so let me know what they are!