Happy Wednesday!!! One of my goals for this month was to do more personal posts. This isn’t an extremely personal post but it is about getting to know me better. I always love getting to know more about other bloggers as well as my readers. So here we go!
Four of my nicknames
- Boo– This is a nickname that my grandfather has called me since I was a little girl. I guess this is because I was not expected.
- Graham Cracker– This is my nickname from my friend Kayla. She calls me this because when I tan, I look the color of a graham cracker.
- Peety– My grandmother calls me this. I have never asked how I got this nickname though.
- Mistle Pie– This is my nickname from my friend Jen.
Four jobs I’ve had
- Sales Associate– My very first job after I graduated high school at V Generations. I really loved this job and the people I worked with.
- Server/Bartender– Being a server & bartender taught me a lot about people (some good and bad). Needless to say the job was not always easy but I got to meet a lot of great customers and made great money while I was in college.
- Support Coordinator– This was my first “big girl” job after I graduated from college. I would say this would be one of my favorite jobs. I got to work with people with developmental disabilities. Being able to help the individuals I had on my caseload was so rewarding. It was always great to be able to hear from the families or providers of the individuals how far they had come,etc. It was extremely stress (one of the reasons why I quit. Along with the money was not great) but truly rewarding. I did this for 2 years. I learned a lot about myself during this job.
- Recruiting Specialist– This is my current job. Basically it’s Human Resources. I do phone interview with individuals who apply with my company, set up their interviews with my branches and help with hiring paperwork.
Four movies I’ve watched more than once
- The Notebook– My favorite movie hands down. I am a hopeless romantic.
- Scream– I have watched this movie so many times, I can practically recite the whole movie.
- This Means War– Tom Hardy & Chris Pine. Yes please. Of course there is also Reese Witherspoon who is my favorite actress.
- Pitch Perfect– I could watch this movie at least one a week. I love it!
Four things in my purse
- Phone Charger– I keep my phone charger handy in my purse. You never know when your phone may go dead,etc.
- Hair Brush– There are days when my hair decides that it wants to do what it wants to do…so having a brush is required.
- Chapstick– I can not stand to have dry lips so I have to have my Burt’s Bee’s readily available.
- Mints – You never know when you’ll need a mint.
Four places I’ve lived
- Germany– I lived in Germany for a month while visiting my family there. It was a lot of fun! I was so happy that I was able to visit there with my grandmother.
- New Orleans, LA– I absolutely love New Orleans! I lived there from 8th grade until I graduated high school.
- Lafayette, LA– I attended college in Lafayette and lived there well after graduating. I absolutely love Lafayette!!! If I ever get the chance to move back, I would in a heart beat.
- Houston, TX– I can’t say Houston has been my favorite place to live. In fact it’s been my least favorite place to live.
Four places I’ve visited
- New York– I absolutely love New York!! I visit there at least one a year. I especially love going during December.
- San Francisco– From the golden gate bridge to the wine tours. Did I also mention the food? San Francisco is one of my favorite places to visit.
- Cancun-Out of all the places I have visited in Mexico, Cancun has been far my favorite. It is so beautiful. The beaches are breathtaking.
- Hawaii– The beaches, waterfalls, Pearl Harbor….need I say more. Hawaii is so beautiful. I hope to be able to visit there again one day.
Four places on my travel bucket list
- Charleston, SC– Charleston reminds me a lot of New Orleans. I’ve seen pictures and it looks like such a fun place to visit.
- Santorini– When I see pictures of the white houses around the blue water, it makes me want to be there instantly.
- Bora Bora-The idea of sleeping in huts over the water is exciting!!
- Nashville, TN– I have been to Tennessee before but never to Nashville. I know it is absolutely beautiful and has so many great things to do there.
Four things I don’t eat (this is a hard one because I eat pretty much anything)
- Raw Onions– I just can’t do it. I think raw onions are gross. I will eat grilled onions though.
- Licorice– Disguising is all I have to say. No and no!
- Peppers– I am not a fan of eating peppers (any kind). I just don’t like the way they taste.
- Grits- I am not a huge grits person. It is rare that I ever eat them.
Four TV shows I watch
- Pretty Little Liars– I am addicted to all the craziness of finding out who “A” really is. The show always keeps me guessing.
- Scandal– Can I just say that I want to be Olivia Pope (minus the whole affair thing). She reminds me a lot of myself as far as the doesn’t take crap from anyone.
- How To Get Away With Murder– Every since this show has come on, I have been addicted. Shonda Rhimes knows how to suck you in.
- Quantico– This show constantly keeps me guessing on who framed Alex for the biggest attack on U.S. soil since 9/11.
Four things to look forward to in 2016
- Growing my Mary Kay & Plexus Business- I love being a Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay because I love makeup and being able to help women learn more about makeup & skin care. I also love being a Plexus Ambassador! Helping people reach their health goals and feel better is such an amazing thing.
- Growing my blog– I have been blogging for 8 months now and I want to continue to have my blog grow. I feel that I have learned so much and feel that my blog has a lot of great things to come next year.
- Spending more time with my family– I don’t get to spend as much time as I want with my family, so I really look forward to trying to spend more time with them.
- Going back to Cancun– I loved visiting Cancun this year and can not wait to go back next year. We will be staying at a new time share location, which is very exciting!
I’d love to know some of your 4’s! Leave them in the comments below!