Happy Wednesday Y’all!!! Over the past eight months I have learned a lot on how to drive traffic to my blog (especially from taking Helene In Between’s ecourse). Writing blog posts is a small part of getting traffic but getting readers to your blog can be a challenge. So here are some ways I found to increase traffic to my blog. Hopefully they will help you as well (if you don’t already do these).
SEO (One of the most important things you should be utilizing if you have a blog)
- Save your image with a title or phrase (this can be your blog topic).
- Add “Alt” text to the image. This helps your image (and your blog) to be found online. When people search for images on Google they will find your image that lead to your blog.
- Look at your Google Analytics to see how people are finding your blog (keywords they are using when searching)
- Have links to other posts within your blog. This helps keep readers on your site.
Create Compelling Content
- Research Your Topic. This is a given. I doubt that anyone would write a blog about something they have no clue about.
- Having a catchy headline. You want to have a title that is captivating because this makes people want to read your blog posts. I have learned that this is so important! This basically is the first impression that people have before they read what you have to say.
- Have a hook. This is the first few sentences before the post that draws your readers in. Typically the first paragraph will determine if your readers what to continue to read the post.
- Write about something that is controversial. I find that these are some of the most popular blog posts because it gets people talking.
- Facebook. This is my number one social media platform that drives traffic to my blog. Remember a lot of your readers are on facebook. I also joined some amazing blogging groups on facebook which has driven a lot of traffic to my blog.
- Stumbleupon. I recently started using Stumbleupon about two months ago and this is my second biggest social media platform that drives traffic to my blog. Using Stumbleupon is really great way to get your content shared that is outside of your typical blogging circle.
- Instagram. I love promoting new posts by using instagram. This gets me followers that I may not have typically found on other platforms.
- Have an newsletter (I am currently working on getting one together). Emailing your readers once a week,every two weeks, once a month lets them know what is going on with your blog. It’s a great way to promote your content.
- Comment on other blogs. I know that I find a lot of new blogs by commenting on other blogs and vice versus. It’s a great way to network and drive traffic to your blog.
These are just some of the ways that work to drive traffic to my blog. What ways do you use to drive traffic to your blog?