My Favorite Christmas Movies To Watch On Netflix

favoritechristmasmovies

I don’t know about everyone else but one of my favorite things to do during the holidays is watch Christmas movies. What’s better than being curled up on the couch with some hot coco and watching movies? I love that Netflix has a great selection of Christmas movies they stream. I compiled a list of some of my favorite movies to watch.

happychristmas

Happy Christmas: After splitting up with her boyfriend just before the holidays, a young woman tries to start over, but her self-destructive behavior gets in the way. First of all I love Anna Kendrick (any other fellow Pitch Perfect lovers out there) and second who hasn’t had a relationship end badly and your own craziness gets in the way?

christmaswiththecranks

Christmas With The Kranks: When the Kranks decide to skip Christmas, they become social outcasts from their Christmas obsessed neighbors.

12DatesofChristmas

12 Dates Of Christmas: Set up on a blind date on Christmas Eve, Kate gets 12 chances to relive the date over and over again until she sets things right.

christmasangel

Christmas Angel: While writing an assignment for school about Christmas wishes, Olivia begins to notice her wishes are coming true, she becomes convinced that they are miracles linked to a woman she thinks is an angel.

achristmascarol

A Christmas Carol: A greedy miser is given an otherworldly opportunity to redeem himself on Christmas Eve, when three spirits take him on a journey of revelation.

theheartofchristmas

The Heart of Christmas: Austin and Julie are devastated when they learn that their young son, Dax, has been diagnosed with cancer. They decide to give Dax one last Christmas.

nightmarebeforechristmas_

The Nightmare Before Christmas: Tired of scary humans every October 31 with the same old bag of tricks, Jack Skellington, the spindly king of Halloween Town, kidnaps Santa Clause and plans to deliver shrunken heads and other ghoulish gifts to children on Christmas morning.

I have a lot of other Christmas movies that I love to watch that aren’t on Netflix as well. Do you have a favorite Christmas movie to watch? Let me know in the comments below!

1. Samantha wrote:

I love Christmas movies! I haven’t seen most of these, but I think Happy Christmas will be moving to the top of my list to see. My all-time favorite Christmas movie is The Muppet’s Christmas Carol, but I don’t think it’s on Netflix. My son has watched it about a million times since he discovered it. 🙂

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

I love Christmas movies as well Samantha! I really like Happy Christmas. I love the Muppet’s Christmas Carol as well!

2. Eileen wrote:

I love a great Christmas movie, I love this time of year

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Me too Eileen! Do you have any favorite Christmas movies to watch?

3. Suzette wrote:

Love this post! Especially since I just published a book about movies, “101 Movies To See Before You Grow Up.” “Nightmare” made the list, too!

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

That’s awesome that you just published your book Suzette! I think Nightmare is a movie that has to be seen.

4. Cori wrote:

The writers for The Nightmare Before Christmas came out and said that it was a Halloween movie, not a Christmas movie.

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Cori, I was not aware of that. Very interesting.

5. Leah wrote:

What a fun list! We always have to watch Home Alone!

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Leah, Home Alone is one of my favorite Christmas movies to watch.

6. Shann Eva wrote:

Love Pitch Perfect too! I’m definitely going to watch Happy Christmas, and the 12 dates of Christmas looks cute too. Thanks for the recommendations!

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Shann I could watch Pitch Perfect once a week. It never gets old. Hope you enjoy some of the movies!

Posted 12.8.15 Reply
  7. Nightmare before Christmas is one of my favourites!

Leslie

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Leslie I love it as well. It’s not the typical Christmas movie. Though I was told today that it is not actually a Christmas movie, it is a Halloween movie.

Posted 12.8.15 Reply
  8. Yes to all of the above please! With a bowl of white chocolate peppermint coated pretzels please.

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Christina those pretzels sound so good!!!

9. Kailei wrote:

I was just wondering which Christmas movies I could watch on Netflix! This is super helpful. Thank for sharing!!

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

I’m glad it was helpful Kailei. I hope you enjoy the movies!

10. Amanda wrote:

I’ve only watched The Nightmare Before Christmas so I’ll have to check out the rest of these ASAP!

Amanda
    Trulyyoursa.com

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Let me know if you like any of them Amanda.

11. Autumn wrote:

These are some great Christmas picks. I’m really interested in watching Happy Christmas. I’m definitely adding it to my list. Thanks!

12. Mae wrote:

I need to watch Happy Christmas! I love Anna!

Mae I love Anna as well!! I really like the movie. 🙂

13. Rachel wrote:

Yay for Christmas movies! Can’t wait to watch them all 🙂

14. Kacie wrote:

I love all of these movies, sure would love to watch one with you soon 🙂
    love you girl!

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Kacie, I’ll be in for a few days during Christmas time. Hopefully we can get together! Love you!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply
  15. Sadly I don’t think a lot of my Christmas faves are on Netflix, “Jingle all the way” “the family stone etc. but last year my mom and I watched Christmas with the Kranks and it was delighful. I also watched Happy Christmas, it was a little dark in my opinion for a Christmas movie…maybe more realistic but not a horrible film at all it just didn’t get me in the spirit but great cast.

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Those are great picks for Christmas movies Dia! I really love the Family Stone. Happy Christmas def doesn’t get you in the Christmas spirit like the other one’s do but it’s not a horrible movie.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply
  16. I love this post! I have been doing research on which Christmas movies are the best to watch on Netflix so I will now be referring to your guide. Merry Christmas! XO, Ashley || http://www.itsapashion.com

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Ashley, I hope you enjoy the movies I suggested. They have a lot more movies to watch as well. Merry Christmas to you as well! 🙂

17. Kari wrote:

These are all great! I suggest also you watch The Christmas Shoes. It’s similar to the Heart of Christmas (feel good Christmas movie that will make you cry)

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Kari I have never heard of that movie. I will have to watch it! Thank You for the suggestion. 🙂

Posted 12.9.15 Reply
  18. I watched The Heart of Christmas on netflix the other day and was actually crying. It has been a long time since a movie has moved me so much.

On a lighter note, Christmas with the Kranks is my favorite Christmas movie and I’m so happy it’s on Netflix now!

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Brooklyn I agree The Heart of Christmas is sad but it’s also got a great message. Christmas with the Kranks always makes me laugh.

19. Kim wrote:

Where is Elf?????????

Posted 12.8.15 Reply

Kim elf surprisingly is not on netflix. I do know that it has been on tv recently. 🙂

20. Kristin wrote:

Happy Christmas?! I need to see this! I’ve been recording all the Hallmark, Ion, and Lifetime movies since they started. My free time is totally consumed by Christmas movies.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Kristin I have not been watching any Life Time or Hallmark movies! I will have to do that this weekend. Thank You for reminding me about them!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply
  21. I have such a girl crush on Anna Kendrick! I haven’t seen that movie, but now I need to! I’m going to talk my husband into watching it with me tonight 🙂

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Carly I love Anna!!! She reminds me a lot of myself. I think she would be so much fun to hang out with. The movie is a little dark not like the typical happy christmas movie but still good. 🙂

22. Lexi wrote:

Love Christmas with the Kranks. I just saw The Heart of Christmas for the first time a couple weeks ago. Hello, tears! This movie definitely brought a new perspective to my eyes!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Lexi I know the Heart Of Christmas brings on the tears but it is so good. Christmas with the Kranks always makes me laugh.

23. Lauren wrote:

I love Christmas movies too! A couple of our family favorites are the movie “Elf”, and “The Nativity Story”. Thanks for sharing 🙂 Merry Christmas!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Lauren I love the Elf as well. Unfortunately it is not on Netflix. I have not seen The Nativity Story in so long. Merry Christmas!!!

24. kara wrote:

I love 12 dates of christmas with “zach from saved by the bell” I also love mistones!!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

I love him too Kara! I used to watch Saved By The Bell all the time. I miss it!

25. Rae wrote:

A vey nice starter list… I’ve not yet had much of a look at Netflix yet this month… if “Elf” is available, that mindless reel of fun is a Christmas necessity, no matter your age.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Rae Elf is not on netflix for some reason. It has been showing a lot on tv though.

26. Ann wrote:

This is so awesome I like to watch one or two or twenty movies over the weekends leading up to Christmas.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Anna me too!! I will be watching some more this weekend. 🙂

27. Ms. Nitta wrote:

Thanks for sharing this!!! I’ve been needing some inspiration for Christmas movies to watch 🙂

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Nitta you’re very welcome! I love watching Christmas movies! Hope you enjoy them. 🙂

28. Chelsie wrote:

Christmas with the Kranks is so good! We’re watching that this week! I definitely want to watch that Christmas movie with Anna Kendrick; she’s so great!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Chelsie I love Christmas with the Kranks!!! I will be watching it this weekend. The movie with Anna is a little dark and not the typical Christmas movie but still really good!

29. Keating wrote:

Great list! I’ve already watched Christmas with the Kranks twice haha I love that movie. I always loved watching The Santa Clause. I’m surprised I haven’t watched it yet. I’ll have to get on that.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Thank You Keating! I have not watched Christmas with the Kranks yet this year but I will be this weekend.

30. Krista wrote:

I think Netflix is slacking on the Christmas movies just a bit this year. Christmases past they had more of a variety. But I do love the Heart of Christmas, gets me every time.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

I agree Krista that they do not have as many movies for Christmas this year. The Heart of Christmas is so good.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply
  31. I love Christmas movies! I like to be cozy when I watch them… and I tend to be nostalgic, but I love it.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Erika I love watching Christmas movies as well. There is nothing better than being cozy while watching them.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply
  32. Nightmare before Christmas is our favorite movie on this list. Thank you for sharing… perfect to get into the festive season!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

You’re welcome! Watching Christmas movies during the holidays is a must.

33. Rebekah wrote:

I just saw Christmas with the Kranks last year and loved it! I love being able to get on Netflix and get in the Christmas spirit! I haven’t seen most of these so I’ll have to make my way through them!

34. Kristin wrote:

I’m not sure if it’s on netflix but Charlie Brown Christmas is my favorite!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Kristin I am not sure if it is or not. They don’t have as many movies this year as they have had before. I love Charlie Brown Christmas as well.

35. Becky wrote:

There are a lot here I haven’t seen. We have Netflix so I’ll have to check it out!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Becky let me know if you like any of them!

36. Mary wrote:

Christmas movies are the best! I wish they offered more on Netflix!! I love that you mentioned 12 Dates Of Christmas… last year my mom was in town for the holidays and watched that one about 20 times 😉
    Cheers!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Mary I am disappointed that they do not have as many movies on Netflix this year for Christmas. They used to have so many. I love 12 dates!

37. Branson wrote:

White Christmas is on Netflix! Best Christmas movie ever! 🙂

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Branson I have not watched that before! I will have to add that to my list. 🙂

38. Jill wrote:

I’ve never seen Christmas with the Kranks, but I’m going to watch it on Netflix this year.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Jill it’s really funny. I hope you enjoy it!

39. Tayrina wrote:

Great movies here to enjoy! I have seen already a few of them. I just love Netflix!
    Thanks for sharing!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Tayrina I love netflix. I am addicted to watching shows on there.

40. Cassie wrote:

This post is great! I love Christmas movies and have seen a couple of these ,but it’s nice to know they’re on Netflix and easily accessible. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Cassie I love watching movies on netflix. It’s so convenient. I wish they had more Christmas movies on there this year.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply
  41. I am so happy you wrote this list! Exactly what I’ve been searching for!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

I’m happy it is going to be helpful Angela! Let me know if you like any of the movies.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply
  42. So glad all of these are on Netflix! Can’t wait to watch some of them!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Taylor I’m shocked that netflix does not have more movies this year for Christmas. I’m happy they have some though!

43. Marvina wrote:

Love christmas movies. Some of these, I will have to watch. Great suggestions.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Me too marvina! What are some of your favorite movies to watch during Christmas?

Posted 12.9.15 Reply
  44. Looking forward to watching some of them as well!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Let me know how you like them Ilona!

45. Hil wrote:

I’m a pitch perfect fan too! Anna Kendrick is awesome!

I like Meet Me In Saint Louis and Elf!

I would love it if you came to link up at our party tomorrow night:

It’s a link party and pin-up party, two parties in one! All posts will get pinned to our group pinterest board.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Hil I have never heard of Meet Me In Saint Louis! I will have to see if I can find it to watch! Elf is so funny! Hil I would love to do the link up party!

46. Susannah wrote:

Heehee. I wrote a post just like this but only including the cheesy Christmas movies that are on Netflix. 😉 I think your list has a few more quality ones than mine does. 😉

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Susannah that’s awesome!!! I will have to check out your list. I love watching Christmas movies!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply
  47. I actually haven’t seen any of these! Definitely going to check out the first one though, because I love Anna Kendrick!

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

It’s a little bit of a dark movie Erin. Not the typical Christmas movie but it’s very real and of course I love Anna.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Omg, I have never heard of Happy Christmas.
    I’ll have to check it out.

xoxo, Jenny

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Jenny it’s really good. Not your typical Christmas movie but I still enjoyed it.

49. Jasmine wrote:

Anyone who doesn’t have The Nightmare Before Christmas on their list is crazy lol That’s one of our MUST watch movie.

Posted 12.9.15 Reply

Jasmine I agree! I did however get told when I posted this that it is not a Christmas movie. It is actually a Halloween movie. So….yeah.

50. Jenn wrote:

These are great picks! I’m totally getting sucked into cheesy Christmas movies. I loved 12 Dates of Christmas and the Christmas Angel. The Nightmare Before Christmas is a classic!

Posted 12.10.15 Reply

Thank You Jenn! I love watching Christmas movies. It’s a lot of fun, especially when they are cheesy.

Posted 12.10.15 Reply
  51. It’s going to sound funny but I love watching ‘While You Were Sleeping” since it’s set at Christmas time 🙂

Posted 12.10.15 Reply

Alissia I love that movie!!! I haven’t seen it in years though.

Posted 12.10.15 Reply
  52. I love watching the Nightmare Before Christmas for both Halloween and Christmas! Great picks!

Posted 12.10.15 Reply

Thank You!!! I was told that the movie is actually not a Christmas movie. But it seems fitting for both. 🙂

Posted 12.10.15 Reply
  53. What?! How have I not seen 2 of these? Must get on it pronto!

Posted 12.10.15 Reply

Angie let me know how you like them if you watch any! I’ll be having a Christmas movie marathon this weekend. 🙂

54. Ashley wrote:

Great choices of movies to watch!

Thank You Ashley!

55. Mckenna wrote:

Ooh I didn’t know the original Christmas Carol was on there this year! I’ll have to check it out 🙂

Posted 12.10.15 Reply

McKenna you definitely should check it out. 🙂

Posted 12.14.15 Reply