Today I am sharing some tips with you on how to use StumbleUpon to increase your blog traffic. A lot of you may have heard about Stumble Upon but do not understand how to use it properly or what it does. This was the case I was in previously. StumbleUpon is one of my largest sources that drives traffic to my blog. The great thing about it is that it is so easy to use!
First I am going to explain to you how this social media platform works.
What Is Stumble Upon & How Does It Work?
StumbleUpon is a social bookmarking community that allows you to rate websites, video clips, articles, photos and much more. When you sign up you are able to “stumble” upon content by marking websites that you enjoy by giving it a “thumbs up” and if you do not enjoy it you can give it a “thumbs down”. By giving the content a “thumbs up” you are able to find more content that better fits your likes. It’s a great source for finding blogs that you may have not found on your own.
How Do I Get Started?
Just like any social media platform you have to create an account by signing up here Stumble Upon. After you sign up you are able to customize your interests from the list they give you (they have a lot of different topics you can choose from) and from there you can start “stumbling” through the content.
Adding Your Posts
Every time you blog, add your post! It is very easy to add your page directly to the StumbleUpon website. This is what I prefer to do but you can also add your posts if you have social media share buttons on your blog. Sharing your post directly to StumbleUpon allows you to pick the category you want your post to go in and you can also add tags.
Important Things To Remember When Using StumbleUpon
- DO NOT just stumble your own posts.
- DO NOT use it is a way of self promotion
- DO provide feedback for content that you liked
- DO like posts you are interested in
Now that I have given you a little bit of info on how StumbleUpon works, here are my tips on how to increase your traffic:
- Stumble other posts often// When you give a thumbs up/down this will help Stumble Upon know where your interest lie and will give you more posts to “stumble” that are within your area of interest.
- Follow Others// When I find other stumblers that have the same interest as myself, I stumble their page by liking their content.
- Add a StumbleUpon button to your blog// By adding a StubleUpon button to your blog it allows other’s to stumble your content.
- Create Your Own List// By creating a list in StumbleUpon, it can help you get new followers.
I hope this was information was helpful in understanding how to use StumbleUpon to drive traffic to your blog. Are you currently using StubleUpon?