Happy Friday Y’all!! I feel like this week has dragged on and I’m so happy the weekend is finally here!!! Thank You Jesus, Hallelujah (in my Madea voice). Today, I wanted to share with you some tips on how to be productive, when you do not have a post scheduled for that day. We all know that when you have posts scheduled you get more traffic to your blog. But let’s face it blogging everyday is not always attainable (at least not for me) and sometimes you just need a break. I typically post three time’s a week (Mondays,Wednesday & Fridays) unless something happens. When I am not posting here is how I drive traffic to my blog.
- Update old blog posts: My old blogging posts were horrible. Well the pictures are at least. Spend some time taking new photos and updating your content each week. Once you update old posts, promote them again!
- Read/comment on other blogs: I spend hours each day reading and commenting on others blogs. A lot of times after I comment, I will look at other bloggers comments and visit their blogs. This is a great way to find new blogs and more than likely when you comment on another blog, they will visit your blog to comment back.
- Use StumbleUpon: StumbleUpon is one of my largest sources that drives traffic to my blog. So you should be stumbling your posts, as well as others! Read more about StumbleUpon here.
- Update your boards/pins on Pinterest: I am horrible at updating my boards & pins (slowly getting there). You can do this by adding captions to your pins and pinning other blogger’s post that interest you.
- Promote Using Social Media: I use Facebook groups and Instagram to promote my blog posts a lot. These are my two favorite ways to promote my old or current posts.
What are things that you do when you do not post? I’d love new suggestions!