Happy Wednesday!!! I hope everyone is having a great week so far! Today makes a week since my 1 year blogiversary!I cant not believe that I have been blogging for a year. It has been such an amazing journey so far. Sweet Tea & Hydrangeas would not be what it is without all of you supporting me. I can not THANK YOU all enough for all the love and support over the last year. I truly am grateful that you read my blog and enjoy what I have to say (or at least I hope you enjoy what I have to say). Again thank you all!!! Today I am sharing five things I wish I would have known before I started blogging.
If you’re a blogger have you ever thought to yourself…if I would have known this before I started my blog, things may have been easier? Or if you’re thinking about starting a blog, are there things you want to know before you get started? Here is what I wish I had known before I started blogging.
- How much work blogging takes. I am not going to lie, I thought that blogging was going to be so easy when I started. I never realized how much work truly goes on behind the scenes. You have to come up with new blog post ideas, take pictures, write/edit posts, network, promote and so much more. It’s not just posting and taking pictures like I thought.
- How important having an editorial calendar is. When I first started blogging I had a ton of ideas that I wanted to post about but those ideas were all over the place. I blogged whatever came to mind whenever I wanted. I quickly found I was slightly overwhelmed because my ideas were not organized. Having an editorial calendar with all of your posts planned out ahead of time will keep you organized and sane. It may seem like a hassle but just do it! I promise you’ll thank me later.
- What SEO was. As a new blogger there are so many things that you need to know. SEO is probably one of them most important things you need to know as a blogger (that is just my opinion). I am so happy that after a few months of blogging I finally did my research and got on board with using SEO.
- That investing in a good DSLR camera will be a complete game changer. When I first started blogging, I used my iPhone to take pictures. The quality of my pictures were not great and it really effected the blog.
- I wish I knew that there were Facebook blogging groups. I had been blogging for a few months and never knew these groups existed. I came across a blog that was talking about how great these groups were, so I had to join. I can not tell you what a difference these groups have made in my blog! The support I receive from other bloggers (and am still receiving) has been amazing. I have learned so much through these groups and have met some amazing blogger friends. It’s also great because I have been able to discover new blogs, that I might have never known about.
These are just a few things that I wish I knew before I started blogging. If you’re a blogger what are some things you wish you knew before you started blogging? If you’re thinking about blogging what do you feel would be helpful for you to know?