Are you someone that gets easily stressed? I know that I get stressed out easily when certain situations arise. There are days when I find it hard to juggle work/home life and everything in between and when that happens…call the stress monster. Over time I have found ways that have helped me become less stressed. Let’s just say these really have been a life saver when it has come to reducing my stress level. Here are some of the ways I reduce my stress.
- Working Out: Now not all people like to work out but for me it is my number one stress reliever. Endorphin’s make you happy! Working out also allows me to have some time to clear my head and process things a little better. So even if you are not the biggest fan of working out taking a short walk can be a huge help as well.
- Taking time for myself: Sometimes I just need to be by myself. We all need a little me time. When I take time for myself I usually end up reading other blogs, a book or drink a cup of coffee/tea.
- Sleep. Being able to shut out everything and rest my mind really helps calm me down.
- Play music/dance: I love putting on a song I love to help put me in a better mood. This of course usually leads me to having a dance party (all by myself with no shame).
- Get a massage: Massages are absolutely amazing. If you haven’t had one and you are easily stressed I highly recommend them. They are found to be very beneficial to fighting stress and alleviate pain.
- Take a bubble bath: There is nothing quite like taking a nice hot bubble bath.
- Take deep breaths: I can’t tell you how many times I have had to breath in and out to stay calm and not freak out from stress.
- Don’t overload yourself: We all do this thinking that the more stuff we get accomplished, the better. This is not the case most of the time. Learn to prioritize things.
- Think positively: I may be stressed to the max but I always try to remember the positive things I have going on.
- Spend time with family/friends: Anytime I spend time with my family and friends means that we will be cutting up and having fun. What better way to relieve some stress?
As much as we would all like stress to not exist, it’s inevitable to avoid. I hope these tips help you next time you are stressed. What are some ways that you relieve your stress?