16 in 2016 Revisited

16 in 2016 Revisited

Happy Monday!!! Back in January, I made a list of 16 things I wanted to do in 2016. Seeing that we are almost half way through the year, I thought it would be good to revisit my list to see how I am doing. I am going to be honest I really have not looked at this list in months. So here is an update on my progress thus far.

1. Read 12 books// I have been slacking very badly on this. I’ve read half a book this year and that is it. I still have time to hopefully be able to read 12 books.
  2. Visit a place I have never been// I visited Austin this month and had a blast. Austin is a lot of fun!
  3. Learn how to cook more meals// I have done very well with this! Thank god for pinterest!
  4. Go on more date nights// My boyfriend and I have been on several date nights this year so far.
  5. Learn how to shoot my new gun// I have become very good at shooting my new gun, as well as others we have purchased.
  6. Go on a girls trip// I took a girls trip for my 30th birthday, which was to Austin.
  7. Plan an amazing 30th birthday celebration for myself// Let’s just say I had an amazing time with the girls in Austin. I did a great job on planning that trip.
  8. Do a 5K// I have yet to do this. I really need to get on this because it’s been too long since I have done one.
  9. Spend more time relaxing (me time)// I have made it a priority to make time for myself even if it’s just 15 minutes a day.
  10. Try 5 new restaurants in my area// So far I have tried 2 new restaurants this year near my home.
  11. Learn how to use my camera’s properly// I have slowly but surely become better at operating my camera’s and have been taking some better photos.
  12. Attend a festival// I haven’t attended any festivals yet this year but I plan on going to one soon.
  13. Spend more time with my family & friends// I have been doing very well with this. Not that I did not spend time with my family/friends before. I just want to make sure to have more time with them.
  14. Try a new hair color// In January I did red and blonde balayage.
  15. Try Pure Barre// I have been taking Barre classes since April and I love them!
  16. Start a new hobby// I have not found a new hobby. I honestly don’t know what kind of hobby I could start.

So as you can see I have accomplished most of the things on my bucket list for 2016 and some are still being worked on. What are some of your goals or items on your bucket list that you are looking to accomplish? What have you already accomplished this year?

1. Shann wrote:

Wow! Nice job! You’ve done almost everything on the list. Hopefully you’ll find some good books, so you can cross that off too. Plenty of time to finish the last few items.

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Thank You Shann! I have a lot of books that I need to read but making time has not been easy. I am trying to read at least 15 mins a night before I go to bed. 🙂

Posted 6.20.16 Reply
  2. I love trying new restaurants! Good luck with the 5K if you decide to do one! I love running.

Floradise: http://www.maretteflora.com

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Marette I love eating so finding new places to go to is a lot of fun. I have a few 5K’s that I am looking into doing.

3. Rachel G wrote:

Aww, glad you had such an awesome trip for your birthday this year! I’m hitting a milestone birthday this year, too–25!–and I’m also planning a trip away for it. I think that’s a great way to celebrate!

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Rachel I had a great time on my trip. You def need to plan a trip for your 25th birthday!

4. Lauren B. wrote:

I love this list and creating a mid-year reflection is a great idea for keeping you on track & accountable for your progress. I LOVE pure barre classes, they are the best. I also joined a book club ( one of my favorite & best decisions since moving) and it helps me really stay on top of reading for fun! Great post.
    xx, Lauren {www.rosesandrainboots.com}

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Lauren I agree that it’s a great way to make sure you are holding yourself accountable. I love my barre classes. I have thought about joining a book club but I honestly would probably fail at it. So I am really trying to push myself to read more.

5. Michelle wrote:

I’ve always wanted to check out Austin! Glad to hear it was a great place to visit. Hopefully I’ll make it there eventually. Making your goals for the year public seems like a good way to put pressure on yourself to actually get them done.

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Michelle Austin was a lot of fun! I can’t wait to go back and spend a little more time there. I feel that writing my goals for the year/month is a great way to hold myself accountable.

Posted 6.20.16 Reply
  6. Could barre double as your new hobby? Two birds with one stone kind of thing. ? And you still have plenty of time to hit your reading goal. Good luck!

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Ashley that is a good idea! I like your thinking! 🙂 I really hope I am able to hit that reading goal!

7. Trish wrote:

I love your 2016 goals. Yay for a trip to Austin — that is a place I want to visit at some point. I also really like your 5K goal. I have looked at the Couch to 5K challenge and thought about doing that.

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Thank You Trish! Austin was a lot of fun. I can’t wait to go back. I have not done a 5k in years, so I really want to do one this year. 🙂

8. kerona wrote:

Its great that you accomplished some of your goals, you have time to get the rest done
    have a lovely day

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Kerona I am glad that I still have some time to accomplish the other goals that I have not yet accomplished. Hope you have a great too as well!

9. Melanie wrote:

Good job on doing a lot of the things you said you wanted to do. I need to start making goals and sticking to them

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Thank You Melanie! Making a list of goals is a great way to hold yourself accountable.

10. Rachel wrote:

Sounds like you’re doing pretty well with your goals so far! The 12 books goal is one of mine as well but I’ve been struggling too!

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Rachel I have been doing pretty well on them so far. I honestly just need to find the time to sit down and read more. I am really trying! Let hope you and I can both accomplish that goal!

11. Cara wrote:

You’re doing great so far! Going somewhere new and trying out new restaurants is a great idea! 🙂

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Cara I love visiting new places and of course I love to eat, so trying out new restaurants is a must!

12. Neely wrote:

You are doing awesome girl! I have a similar post coming soon!

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Thank You Neely! I can’t wait to see your post!

Posted 6.20.16 Reply
  13. Such a great idea to revisit your bucket lists / goals for the year around June! I have to try this for 2017 🙂

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Victoria I honestly had forgotten about it somewhat, so it was good that I revisited it. You should def try it for 2017!

14. Jamie wrote:

Looks like you are doing very well so far!! I wanted to do more fun things with my boyfriend and we have already done so much! We recently went horseback riding, hiking, and Canoeing in Hocking Hills (Ohio girl here) and I loved every second of it 🙂

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Thank You Jamie! That’s awesome that you have been able to do a lot of activities with your boyfriend recently!

Posted 6.21.16 Reply
  15. Great job with your goals for 2016! You’re doing well with checking them off the list. 🙂

Posted 6.20.16 Reply

Thank You Crystal! I did not even remember what goals I had set for myself until revisiting it again. 🙂

16. Kelsie wrote:

This is so fun! I love following up on resolutions! I may have to go back and do a follow up post on my “16 things in 2016” post. Thanks for the inspiration!

Posted 6.21.16 Reply

Kelsie I had not looked at my resolutions pretty much since I made them. I was glad to be able to go back and see what I’ve accomplished so far and what I needed to work on. I am glad this inspired you and I hope that you are doing well with your list!

Posted 6.21.16 Reply

You’re doing such a good job with completing your goals. Congrats, girl.

xoxo, Jenny

Posted 6.21.16 Reply

Thank You Jenny!! I loved your post about revisiting your blogging goals for this year! We are both killing it so far!

18. Kristin wrote:

This is an awesome list and congrats on what you’ve accomplished so far! I would recommend holding the 5k off until Fall when it’s cooler though! 🙂

Posted 6.21.16 Reply

Thank You Kristin! I agree with you on the 5K! It is entirely too hot outside to do one now. This heat is killer!

19. Katie wrote:

I’m still working on learning to use my new camera too…that’s going to be MY new hobby though, I think! 😉

Posted 6.21.16 Reply

Katie that is an awesome hobby to have! I have slowly but surely gotten a little better at using my camera. I am still so behind. Let’s hope you and I both get better at using our cameras. We got this!!! 🙂

Posted 6.21.16 Reply
  20. So fun! I love your list!! I did Pure Barre for a long time when I lived in Philadelphia & in Chicago, too. I love it 🙂

Posted 6.21.16 Reply

Thank You Alicia! I love my Pure Barre classes. They are such a great work out!

Posted 6.21.16 Reply
  21. Those are some great goals! Learning about photography and how to use my camera was a total game changer for my business and my blog. Love that one!

Posted 6.21.16 Reply

Thank You Esther! I agree that photography is such a game changer when it comes to blogging. I am slowly but surely getting better. 🙂

Posted 6.21.16 Reply
  22. I like that you are doing a mid- year checkin. I am going to Austin this year too!!I love barre classes. Glad you are enjoying them!!

Posted 6.21.16 Reply

I hope you have fun in Austin Jessica! It’s so pretty there! If you get a chance visit The Oasis (the food is okay) but the view is amazing. Barre classes are such a great work out!

Posted 6.21.16 Reply
  23. Whoo Hoo for working on your goals/bucket list! Always a great thing to do! I love the idea of taking 15 minutes of “me” time!

Posted 6.21.16 Reply

I agree Amber. I’ve been trying to work hard at accomplish my goals/bucket list this year. “Me time” is so important. It’s always needed.

Posted 6.23.16 Reply
  24. Aw that’s awesome that you are doing so good with your goals! I hope you are able to achieve them all.

Thank You Brittany! I hope that I am able to reach the rest of my goals. 🙂

Posted 6.23.16 Reply
  25. Jenn wrote:

This list is great – there’s so many things on here that I would like to do too! Have you looked into Couch to 5K? It’s a great training program!

Posted 6.21.16 Reply

Thank You Jenn! I have not looked at the Couch to 5K yet. I have heard it’s really good though!

Posted 6.23.16 Reply
  26. I’d love to visit Austin! Sounds like you had a great trip!

Laura | Laura Aime Vous

Posted 6.22.16 Reply

Laura Austin is a lot of fun! Very pretty as well!

Posted 6.23.16 Reply
  27. I love your list, it is full of fun activities, programs and great ideas. And you’ve already done many things from it. Well done!

Posted 6.25.16 Reply

Thank You! I like to have a variety of different things to keep me busy. Hopefully I’ll be able to complete the rest of the items I haven’t completed yet. 🙂

Posted 6.28.16 Reply
  28. Kayla wrote:

I absolutely love this list! I’m all about #9 my friend! Relaxing and having more me-time is super important! Thanks for sharing! xoxox, Kayla

Posted 6.26.16 Reply

Thank You Kayla!! I love having some me time!! I wish I had more of it!

Posted 7.13.16 Reply