One thing I love about October is snuggling up on the couch while watching Halloween movies. I enjoy a mixture of non scary and scary movies. Today I am sharing my favorite Halloween movies with you.
- Hocus Pocus: Three sisters that are witches are resurrected on Halloween night in Salem. Two teenagers, a young girl and an immortal cat try to end the three sisters reign. This is by far one of my favorite non scary movies to watch. If you haven’t watched it I highly suggest it.
- Practical Magic: Two sisters that are witches carry a curse making their love lives complicated. I know this may not be a typical Halloween movie but it’s still a great movie to watch. They definitely know how to put the lime in the coconut. Another reason why I love this movie is because Sandra Bullock is in it.
- The Addams Family: They are mysterious, kooky and spooky. Not your typical family by any means. This is based on the 1960 television series and from Charles Addams cartoons. I feel that Wednesday is my spirit animal in a way.
- Halloweentown: After learning she is a witch on her 13th birthday, Marnie helps save the town from supernatural creatures. This is also another family friendly Halloween movie to watch. I loved it when I was younger.
- Nightmare on Elm Street: A Wes Craven classic. Teenagers play prey to Freddy in their dreams which kills them in reality. I remember watching one of the movies as a little girl when Freddy killed a girl while she was taking a bath. Let me tell you, I would not take a bath for years after watching that movie. Still love to watch it now that I am older.
- Halloween Resurrection: The ever so famous Michael Myers. Need I say more? I have watched so many of the Halloween movies. This one of course is the most recent from 2002.
- Carrie: Based on the Stephen King novel, Carrie faces taunting from her fellow classmates and her overly religious mother. Strange things begin to happen around Carrie which causes her to have supernatural powers.
- Paranormal Activity: A couple moves into a new home and believe there is a super natural presence among them. They sit up a video camera and are surprised at what unfolds. I am not going to lie the first time I watched this movie I was a little spooked out. I went to bed and my tv started acting all crazy after watching the movie. I was like okay who is messing with me here.
- Casper: James Harvey and his daughter (Kat) move into a haunted house after the death of her mother. James hopes to be able to communicate with the ghosts in the house in order to connect with his wife again. I love this movie because I feel that Kat and Casper have a lot in common with one another and it’s really sweet.
- The Craft: Four teenage girls form a group to perform witch craft. After doing several spells they begin to experience negative consequences. Another movie that freaked me out when I was younger.
What are your favorite movies to watch during Halloween? Do you prefer scary or non scary movies?