Happy 2017 Y’all!! I still can’t believe that 2017 is already here. Where did 2016 go? For me it flew by in the blink of an eye. I have been on a short blogging break, with the holidays and my vacation to Banff, AB. It was nice to have a break because I got to enjoy the holidays with my family. I’m happy to be back to blogging though! Today I am reflecting on 2016 and sharing my 2017 goals. I also have a reader survey at the end of this post (there will be a giveaway as well). I would greatly appreciate it if you would fill it out. It will help me improve STH for 2017. Sorry for the long post in advance!
In 2016 I wanted to:
- Read 12 books // This did not happen. I read three books. I guess that is better than nothing.
- Visit a place I have never been // I visited Banff, AB over the New Year holiday. I had an amazing time and will be sharing some photos soon.
- Learn how to cook more meals // Yes!! I cooked several more meals this year. Thank God for Pinterest.
- Go on more date nights // My boyfriend and I went on several date nights in 2016. I can’t wait to go on more this year.
- Learn how to shoot my new gun // I have mastered shooting my gun.
- Go on a girls trip // I visited Austin, TX with my girlfriends for my 30th birthday celebration.
- Plan an amazing 30th birthday celebration for myself // I had a blast in Austin. Lots of great memories and I can’t wait to go back.
- Do a 5K // I participated in the Susan G Komen race. It was a great experience.
- Spend more time relaxing (me time) // I did a good bit of relaxing in 2016 but I hope to do more in 2017.
- Try 5 new restaurants in my area // My boyfriend and I tried out 6 new restaurants in our area. I will be trying out more this year as well.
- Learn how to use my camera’s properly // I did get better at using my camera but I still have room to improve.
- Attend a festival // Negative. I had plans to attend a German festival but the weather was so bad that did not happen. Hopefully I’ll be able to this year.
- Spend more time with my family & friends // I spent a lot more time with my family. I did not get to spend as much time with my friends as I would have liked.
- Try a new hair color // I did not try the color below but I did try out a violet red color for high lights.
- Try Pure Barre // I have been doing Barre classes since the summer and I love them.
- Start a new hobby // I did not start any new hobbies but I did try out new things.
- Write at least 20 beauty posts.
- Grow all of my social media channels. I’d like to hit 2K Instagram followers and 1K Twitter followers. I have a bit of a ways to go to accomplish both of these.
- Be more present on social media. I have gotten better at this but I find that I do not post as often as I should (which would help with the goal above or at least I hope it will).
- Create a facebook page for STH.
- Update old blog posts.
- Improve my photography skills. I have gotten better with using my camera but still have room to improve.
- Grow my relationships with fellow bloggers.
- Work out 3 x’s a week.
- Lose 15 lbs.
- Read 12 books.
- Save at least $5K
- Reduce my debt by $5K
- Spent more time with my family and friends.
- Take a trip to at least two places I have never visited.
As you can see I did fairly well with what I wanted to accomplish in 2016. I have a feeling 2017 will be my year though!! Thank You for all of your support in 2016!! This blog would not be where it is today, without you, all of my wonderful readers. Here’s to 2017!!!
Now for my reader survey. This survey is designed to help improve STH, so that you (my readers) enjoy the content on the blog more. Please remember this survey is helpful for me in planning out future content in 2017 and to better understand my readers. Also, it is a positive survey, so please constructive criticism only (no bashing or hate). Again, I greatly appreciate you taking out the time to take this survey.
P.S. I will be giving away a $25 gift certificate to Ulta to a lucky reader who fills out this survey. So please leave your email below. 🙂