January 2017 Goals

2017 is finally here!! I honestly almost typed January 2016 Goals out when I did the title for this post. I guess I am still not used to writing 2017 yet. 2016 was a fairly good year for me but I’m hoping 2017 will be even better. Earlier this week I shared my goals for this year and today I am sharing my goals for this month. But first let’s see how I did on my December Goals.

December Goals Revisited: Blog & Personal

Continue to blog at 3 x’s a week // I did fairly well on this with the exception of the week before Christmas.

-Update 5 pinterest images// This did not happen. I really wanted to get it done but with work and the holidays, I did not have time.

-Start planning out my editorial calendar for January  // Yes. I got the first two weeks of my content planned out. I am waiting on results from my reader survey to plan out the rest.

-Do two beauty haul posts // This did not happen either. I do plan on getting these posts done this month.

-Conduct a reader survey // This happened this month as I took a little break the last week of December from blogging. I felt it was more important to enjoy time with my family.

-Continue to work out 3 x’s a week // Yes and no. Some weeks I worked out 3 x’s

-Save for my trip to Banff // Yes! I had an amazing time in Banff.

-Go see Christmas lights// I saw some lights but not as many as I wanted to.

-Enjoy the holidays with my friends and family // I did not get to see my friends for the holidays but I did enjoy spending time with my family.

As you can see I did not accomplish all of my goals for last month. I am okay with this because I really wanted to enjoy the Christmas holiday. Hopefully this month I will do much better.

January Goals: Blog & Personal

-Grow all social media platforms by at least 10 more followers

-Write three beauty posts

-Plan out the rest of my content for this month and February

-Update three pinterest images

-Update three old blog posts

-Get a massage

-Eat some king cake

-Exercise 3 x’s a week

-Read one book

I know that I can accomplish my goals for this month. I am determined to! What are your goals for this month?

1. Regardless of not having everything scratched off your December goals, it seems like you still had a great month! I bet January is going to be even better!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Erin I had a great month!! Sometimes you have to cut yourself some slack and remember what the holidays are really for. I hope that January is a great month for you as well!

2. Chelsea wrote:

Eat some cake! YA GIRL GET IT!!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Lol Chelsea!! I have to have my king cake!!!

3. Jamie Reed wrote:

I usually keep daily to-do lists but I need to start writing down some monthly goals! I love this idea and it sounds like you accomplished most of them!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Jamie I make to-do lists as well. It helps me stay on track daily but I love writing my monthly goals. You should def make a list of monthly goals!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply
  4. Love your goals and sound similar to mine. While it may be frustrating to not get them done within the month, I don’t feel so bad about putting them at the top of my list for the next month either!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Thank You Sarah! I agree some times you have to remember what’s important (not that accomplishing your goals aren’t). I found that I wanted to spend more time with my family. So here ‘s to us accomplishing our goals this month!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply
  5. omg, please share the king cake!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Katie I would if you lived close by!

6. Cristina wrote:

I like that your goals are very specific. Hope you’ll achieve them 100%!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Thank You Cristina!! I hope to achieve them to the best of my ability.

7. Emily wrote:

These are some great goals. I like that you cut yourself some slack for December. It is so important to devote time to family!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Thank You Emily!! I wanted to accomplish a lot in December but I felt that I really needed to spend more time with the family. It’s a win win if you ask me. 🙂

Posted 1.6.17 Reply
  8. Getting a massage sounds heavenly. I definitely need to make that a priority, too! Have a wonderful weekend.

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Courtney you should make some time to get one. You deserve it! I will be scheduling mine soon. This body needs its badly. I hope you have a wonderful weekend too.

9. Summer wrote:

Awesome goals, Mistle! A great way to start out the new year. Planning content in advance is so helpful!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Thank You Summer!! I agree that planning out content is so helpful!!! Hopefully I can continue to do it. 🙂

10. Awesome goals!!! I seriously need to hop on the exercise 3x a week

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Thank You Tianna! I am going to try really hard to work out at least 3 x’s a week.

11. Rachel wrote:

Love it! Which book are you planning to read this month? I have a massage planned for this weekend. They’re the best!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Thank You Rachel! I am going to try to start Luckiest Girl Alive. I’ve heard it’s really dark but really good. I am so ready for a massage!

• Rachel wrote:

Can’t wait to hear what you think! That one’s on my list too!

Posted 1.12.17 Reply

Once I read it I will try to have a review up Rachel!

12. Grace Bush wrote:

These are such awesome, achievable goals! My goals for Jan are to blog post at least once a week, gain 20 Pinterest followers, and to follow a 30 day exercise plan.

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Thank You Grace!! Those are awesome goals to have this month!! You can definitely accomplish them!!!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply
  13. I love your goals! I love that you made them so specific that makes a difference!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Thank You Kimberly!!! I try to make my goals as specific as possible.

14. Neely Moldovan wrote:

So many great and well rounded goals!

Thank You Neely!

15. Trish wrote:

Great goals! I am impressed with you planning out content for January and February. That is really smart.

Also – King Cake! I love it too. 🙂

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Thank You Trish! I have been trying to get better with planning out my content ahead of time. King Cake is so good!

Posted 2.22.17 Reply
  16. Raluca wrote:

I wish you the best of luck for completing your goals!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Thank You so much Raluca!!!

17. Mauri wrote:

Mistle! I think its great that you not only set out some resolutions but wrote them down and shared them! Its always important to set intention and have accountability for reaching goals! Very brave posting online! 🙂

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

Thank You Mauri! I find that setting goals for the year is a great thing. I also do monthly goals as well. I find that sharing them keeps me more accountable. 🙂

Posted 2.22.17 Reply
  18. I have my content planned for January, but I should get a head start on planning February soon. 🙂 Good luck with your goals this month! You have some great ones listed. And you did a great job on your goals in December! 🙂

Posted 1.7.17 Reply

Crystal I had to rearrange my whole content calendar because I was having issues with wordpress. I have been planning out a good bit of my content for February but I’m not quit done with it yet. I hope I am able to accomplish my goals this month. It has been one crazy month. Good luck with your goals as well!

Posted 1.25.17 Reply
  19. kristina wrote:

I like the ides of publishing goals and reporting on progress! That would definitely keep me motivated!

Posted 1.7.17 Reply

Thank You Kristina. It helps hold me accountable. Def a great way to stay motivated!

20. Cori wrote:

Good luck with this months goals, I am sure you will reach them. I wish you all the best!

Posted 1.7.17 Reply

Thank You Cori! I hope that I am able to accomplish them! 🙂

Posted 1.18.17 Reply
  21. Omg! You are a high achiever, girl. Love this post for the new year. It’s great inspiration to be intentional about my long list of goals. It’s encouraging to know many of us are focused on the same things. Happy 2017!

Posted 1.7.17 Reply

Thank You Jessica! I hope that I am able to accomplish my goals this month. I hope that you are able to accomplish your goals as well! Happy 2017!!!

Posted 1.18.17 Reply

King cake is the best! haha. I want to work out 5x a week this month since I’m now full time at home.

Posted 1.7.17 Reply

Jenny I agree!! I’ve had my fair share already. I would love to be able to work out 5 x’s a week but for now I will start off with at least 3 x’s. I wish I could work at home! Jealous!

23. Jessica wrote:

I’m with you on getting a massage and eating some king cake! Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by updating your pinterest images?

Posted 1.7.17 Reply

Jessica I am in serious need of a massage! I will be getting one very soon! I have had some king cake already. For updating my pinterest images, I plan on going back to old blog posts and creating more pinable images. Does that help?

Posted 1.18.17 Reply
  24. Girl, you can TOTALLY accomplish these goals! If you can’t do them all, at least make sure that you can get some King Cake!!

Posted 1.7.17 Reply

Thank You Erica! I hope to get most of them accomplished. I have had my fair share of King Cake so far. 🙂

25. Krysten wrote:

Your January goals inspire me a lot! I need to add a few of these to my goals, especially the working out.

Posted 1.7.17 Reply

I’m glad they inspire you Krysten! I’m doing my best with working out more!

26. Rachel wrote:

You go girl! Good luck with these goals. They sound reachable and well rounded. 🙂

Posted 1.7.17 Reply

Thank You Rachel! I hope that I am able to accomplish most of them!

Posted 1.18.17 Reply
  27. Good luck on reaching your goals this month! I’ve been doing some Pinterest maintenance and planning out content

Posted 1.8.17 Reply

Thank You Rachel!! I really want to improve my Pinterest boards,etc. Hopefully I will be able to get that completed within the next few months. Good luck with your goals this year!

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  28. Lexi wrote:

What is king cake? I have the same goal of reading one book and working out. I just updated all of my images from current through July 2016. It took forever but I’m so obsessed with how they look! Good luck this month, girl! You’ve got it!

Posted 1.9.17 Reply

King Cake is a mix between a coffee cake and a french pastry. Its oval shaped and has Purple, Green and Gold decorated on it. It’s to celebrate Mardi Gras (also known as Carnival season) which is the known as the “Twelfth Night” or the “Epiphany” Each cake has a tiny baby inside of it to be the Holy Day. It’s really good!!! I wish I had more time to update all my pinterest images. I will do it though!!!

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  29. Rosemary wrote:

Love that you are putting your goals out there to share!! Great goals and I love the self-care components too – the massage!! Have a fantastic year and you’ll accomplish everything you set out to do 🙂

Posted 1.9.17 Reply

Thank You Rosemary! Massages are a must for me! I hope you have a fantastic year as well!

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  30. I took December off to spend time with my family & prep for the holidays, so you got a TON more accomplished than I did. 🙂 Good luck on your goals for January! I need to plan out my editorial calendar ASAP

Posted 1.9.17 Reply

Rachel sometimes it’s worth it to take a blogging break. I did not blog as much as I wanted to in December. Oh well. Good luck with planning out your editorial calendar!!!

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  31. Congrats on doing so well in December! You didn’t get everything but you did so much!! I am not use to writing 2017 either, it’s crazy how long it takes to adjust to it. Cheers to the new year and your goals for January!

Posted 1.9.17 Reply

Thank You Angela!! I was pretty happy with everything that I accomplished last year. It’s crazy that it is 2017! Here’s to accomplishing our goals this year!!

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  32. Shannon wrote:

So jealous you went to Banff! That’s on my list for this year if I can convince my husband to go!

Posted 1.10.17 Reply

Shannon it was beautiful!! I promise it is well worth the trip. We would like to go back in the Spring/Summer time as well.

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  33. Lauren wrote:

You have a great list of goals.. I love king cake! ha! I need to update some pins myself.. good call.

Posted 1.11.17 Reply

Thank You Lauren! King Cake is so good! Good luck with updating your pins! I’m slowly working on it!

Posted 1.18.17 Reply
  34. You still had an awesome December! And I hope you’re well on your way to rocking January too 🙂

Posted 1.11.17 Reply

Thank You Sam!! I am hoping that I can accomplish several things this month. Fingers crossed! 🙂

Posted 1.11.17 Reply
  35. setting goals sounds like a great idea! definitely helps accomplish and get things done.

Posted 1.11.17 Reply

I agree Brittany. Setting goals really helps you remember what you have set out to accomplish.

Posted 1.11.17 Reply
  36. M wrote:

Awesome list of goals! I just rebranded my website so I’m hoping to stay consistent with my workload and blogging every week. Also, I went to Banff several years ago and am itching to go back! Such beautiful land out there.

Posted 1.12.17 Reply

Thank You! Having a work/blog balance can be hard at times. Banff is very beautiful!

37. Amelie wrote:

Best of luck with your goals!

Posted 1.14.17 Reply