About Me In 3’s

Happy Friday Y’all!!! Today I wanted to do a fun post that helps y’all get to know me a little better. I saw this post on Emily’s blog and thought it would be a great way to tell y’all more about who I am. I have several new readers to the blog, so thank y’all for stopping by. Of course I always love my readers that have been with me for awhile as well. I can’t thank y’all enough for supporting this little space of mine. If you’re like me I enjoy reading posts that allows me to get to know my fellow bloggers better. I hope y’all enjoy learning more about me. So here we go.

3 favorite foods
-Sushi
-Crawfish
-Gumbo

3 things I’d never give up
-Being me-I am a very head strong blunt person and I love being a strong women.

-Food-I love food and I just could never give it up (like my three favorite foods)

-Make Up-I have loved makeup since I was a little girl. It’s so much fun to be able to experiment with so many different looks.

3 favorite cocktails
-Margarita’s
-Wine-preferably white wines

-Strawberry Short Cake Sangria-y’all this stuff right here!!!

3 favorite vegetables

-Broccoli

-Asparagus

-Squash

3 favorite movies

-The Notebook

-Pitch Perfect

-10 Things I Hate About You

3 favorite simple pleasures in life

-Having a lazy weekend

-Spending time with my family & friends

-Playing with my dogs

3 things that are always in my car

-Napkins

-Phone charger

-Blanket

3 things I always have with me

-Chapstick

-Phone

-Debit Card

3 things I regret doing/not doing

-Not being more involved in college (though I was pretty involved I wish I could have been even more)

-Saving money while I was in college

-Not starting a blog sooner

Three upcoming trips

-New Orleans

I don’t even any other trips planned currently.

Three most recent places I traveled to

-Banff, AB

-Cancun

-Louisiana

Three most often used makeup products

-Chapstick. I can not stand to have chapped or dry lips y’all. One of the worst feelings ever.

-Foundation

-Mascara

Three things that make me cry

-Seeing photos or videos of abused animals. I am a huge animal lover and I just don’t understand how humans can be so dang cruel to animals. All I have to say is if I ever witnessed that happening…I’d be in going to jail.

-Sad movies or tv shows

-When I think about my grandparents getting older.

Three things that make me laugh

-My dogs. There is never a dull moment with my fur babies (peanut & boudin).

-Memes-I am a huge meme lover and I will say I probably have a few odd sense of humor.

-My fiance

Three places I want to visit in the US

-Charleston

-Chicago

-Nashville which I will be going to for my bachelorette party! I can not wait!

Three places I want to visit outside the US

-Mykonos

-Bora Bora

-Switzerland

Three blessings in my life

-My family. I can not thank God enough for giving me one kick butt family. They have stood by me when I was not quite so loveable and still loved me anyway.

-My fiance. This man has been by my side for almost eight years. We have had a lot of ups and downs but he always takes care of me. He goes out of his way to make sure me and the fur babies have everything we need (and even gives us things we don’t need). God sure did bless with me him.

-My friends. I would have never made it through some of the toughest times with out my friends. They have picked me up when I didn’t think I could keep on going and have become family.

So that’s a little bit about me today! I’d love to get to know more about y’all, so pick a few of these questions out and let me know about you in the comments. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

1. Emily wrote:

This was fun, great to get to know you better! Hope you have a nice weekend!

Posted 9.15.17 Reply

Glad you enjoyed it Emily!! I hope you enjoyed your weekend as well!

Posted 9.18.17 Reply
  2. You’re right, this was a fun post! I always love learning more about other bloggers. One thing that caught my eye was when you said you get sad about your grandparents getting older. I have been blessed with wonderful grandparents and as they got older (especially my grandmas) I stepped into more of a caregiver role with them just as they used to watch over me. Making time for our elders is never time wasted. As someone who has lost 3 of 4 grandparents, I do know this: you can never spend enough time with them, they will always be strongly in your heart, they adore you. I’m glad you’re blessed with wonderful grandparents. They are the best.

P.S. I want to go to Charleston too and just about anywhere in Europe. lol

Posted 9.15.17 Reply

Thank You LeAnn. My grandparents are definitely awesome to say the least. I try to spend as much time with them as I can. That’s awesome that you were your grandparents caregiver. I hope to visit Charleston one day soon!

Posted 9.18.17 Reply
  3. You need to visit Charlestown! It was literally the best vacation I’ve ever taken. We love history and cities that are walkable, and it offers both. It’s lovely! Go!

Posted 9.15.17 Reply

Andrea I hope to visit soon!!! It is a beautiful place for sure!!!!

Posted 9.17.17 Reply
  4. Love this!! I love the movies you chose! I don’t know if I could pick just three though. I am such a movie lover that it would be so hard to narrow it down. Also, margaritas!! That and Sex on the Beach are my favorite mixed drinks. Have you had a margarona? It is a margarita with a mini Corona flipped upside down in the margarita. It’s so good!! And Charleston is such a fun city!!

Posted 9.15.17 Reply

Thank You Elizabeth! I have a lot of favorite movies but those three I watch a lot! We watch a ton of movies as well. Its our ritual to rent redbox movies, go to the movies, etc. I love me a good Margarita!!! Sex on the beach are good as well!! I have had a margarona! So good as well! I can’t wait to visit Charleston one day!

5. Trish wrote:

This was a fun post to read! I enjoyed learning more about you here. Your upcoming trip to New Orleans sounds amazing!

I am also a dachshund person and love the photos of your dogs and their very cute names!

Posted 9.15.17 Reply

Thank You Trish!! I am from Louisiana so a trip to New Orleans is always fun. I am obsessed with my dogs. I’m a huge doxie lover.

Posted 9.17.17 Reply
  6. Yes, come to Chicago! I love sushi as well. It’s one of my favorites! I also want to go to Bora Bora!

Posted 9.15.17 Reply

Marette I would love to visit Chicago one day!! Sushi just makes me so happy!!! I keep hoping that one day I will get to visit Bora Bora. I just wish it wasn’t crazy expensive.

Posted 9.17.17 Reply
  7. This was such a fun twist on the About Me posts, I loved it! We really are so much alike! Yes to sushi and gumbo-two of my favorites, as well. I must always have chapstick and always have a blanket in my car, too! Charleston and Nashville are on my bucket list, too and I feel the same about people who abuse animals.

I need to know more about this strawberry shortcake sangria, though!

Posted 9.15.17 Reply

Thank You sweet friend!!! I could eat sushi every week and gumbo is always so good!! Chapstick gives me life and I can’t stand dry lips at all. I hope to be able to go to Charleston one day. I am excited for my bacelorette party in Nashville next year. This is the recipe for the strawberry shortcake. http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2016/04/strawberry-shortcake-sangria.html

Posted 9.17.17 Reply
  8. What a fun way to do a get to know you piece! I loved getting to learn more about you 🙂

Posted 9.15.17 Reply

Thank You Corey!! So glad you enjoyed this post. 🙂

Posted 9.17.17 Reply
  9. I love that you get to go to Nashville for your bachlorette party! That sounds so fun!

Posted 9.15.17 Reply

Kristin I am very excited about going to Nashville. There are so many fun things to do!!!

10. Felicia wrote:

What a fun post! I need to visit Louisiana, one of my childhood friends lives there! I also love a crawfish boil we do that every Christmas at my house it’s a new tradition!

Posted 9.16.17 Reply

Felicia that is awesome that your childhood friend lives in Louisiana. What part? Crawfish is so good!!!!!

Posted 9.17.17 Reply

I loved getting to know more about you! This is such a fun post.

Posted 9.16.17 Reply

Thank You Jenny!!!

12. Thena wrote:

Loved reading this post! Enjoyed learning about these things as well, and like that you did them in 3’s. Great post!

Posted 9.16.17 Reply

Thank You Thena! Glad you enjoyed this post!

Posted 9.17.17 Reply
  13. I loved thus 3’s post. I can’t give up makeup eithe lol. I would love to go to bora bora as well.

Posted 9.16.17 Reply

Thank You Gaby!! Makeup makes me happy and I hope one day I can go to Bora Bora.

Posted 9.17.17 Reply
  14. Awww this is so fun! Loved learned more about you and seeing what we have in common! Also, what the heck is a strawberry shortcake sangria and how do I get like 12 of them in my belly ASAP?!

Posted 9.16.17 Reply
  15. Notebook and Pitch perfect are a couple of my fave’s too! Make-up is a necessity for me and my puppydogs make my days oh so much better! Can’t get with you on the crawfish and gumbo Just can’t bring myself to even try it.

Posted 9.16.17 Reply

Shauna I have so many movie favorites but those are the ones that I have watched a million times. I love makeup! I have way too much but it happens. My dogs are my world for sure. Being from Louisiana I love crawfish and gumbo. Both so good but I understand when people aren’t familiar with it, they won’t eat it.

Posted 9.17.17 Reply
  16. I’ve been wanting to go to New Orleans and now I’ve seen so many posts or heard about so many people who are planning to go. I went once years and years ago, but I really want to go back. And I use the same three makeup products most. Chapstick is an essential. I hate the feeling of dry lips and if they get dry, I can’t think of anything else!

Posted 9.17.17 Reply

Crystal I am from Louisiana and lived half my life in New Orleans. Lots of great things to see and do there!! Of course the food is amazing and so is the culture. You should go one day!!! I too hate having dry chapped lips. It drives me crazy.

Posted 9.17.17 Reply
  17. I loved reading through these! I’ve never had gumbo, but I’ve heard it’s good!

Posted 9.18.17 Reply

So glad you enjoyed reading through this Shani! Gumbo is so good!!!!

Posted 9.18.17 Reply
  18. I love your taste! This Louisiana girl is all about crawfish as well!

Posted 9.19.17 Reply

Thank You Kait!!! I am so ready for crawfish season again!

Posted 9.28.17 Reply