Love It or Leave It Vol 1

***This post may contain affiliate links***.

Welcome to the first installment of Love It or Leave it on the blog! This series is going to be all about the beauty products that I try out and if they are worth purchasing.  I always enjoy reading other bloggers opinions on products because it saves me money and time if the products suck. One of my goals this month to use more products that I receive in my Ispy and Play! by Sephora boxes, so this series is perfect for that. So let’s get started!

Pacifica Coconut Blush Duo// This is the first time I had ever used anything from Pacifica and I was very impressed. This duo had the shades beaming and tenderheart. Beaming is a muted terracotta and tender is a soft mauve shade. They are very pigmented and go on very smoothly as well as blend out with no issues. I find these shades to be very similar to some of my favorite MAC blushes but more affordable. I also love that the blushes are made with coconut which contain anti-aging properties. I was not able to find this duo on their website but they do have some other shades that I am sure would be great as well. They are $12 which is a steal!

Verdict: Love It

Too Faced Hangover Primer// Before putting this primer on my skin looked dull and tired but once I put this on my skin looked amazing. I looked more awake and my skin was very moisturized hence the whole reason why they call this the hangover primer. It contains coconut water, probiotics, as well as it boosts your skin’s radiance and elasticity while keeping your skin hydrated. This stuff really works!! It kept my makeup in tact with the exception of my t-zone which is always oily in the Summer time. I feel that this would be a perfect primer for anyone who has dry skin. I have normal to oily skin; however in the winter my skin gets dry at times. So I feel that once Winter hits here I will be using this primer for sure.

Verdict: Love It

Coola Face SPF 30 Makeup Setting Spray// I have tried Coola’s sunscreens before and loved them, so I knew this would not disappoint. I spray it on every morning after finishing my makeup and it keeps it in place all day. If you’re looking for a matte makeup setting spray for your makeup look no further. I love that this spray contains SPF because protecting my skin from the sun is key. It also contains cucumber and aloe to help your skin stay soft and hyaluronic acid that keeps moisture in.

Verdict: Love It

TonyMoly I’m Real Pearl Luminating Sheet Mask// I love me a good sheet mask and TonyMoly is one of my favorite affordable one’s to buy. I used this face mask before I was getting ready to go to brunch to give my complexion a little pick me up. Seeing that my sleep schedule was off I knew I needed a mask to revive my skin which it did just that. My skin was extremely hydrated, soft and brightened.

Verdict: Love It

Hask Monoi Coconut Oil Nourishing Shine Oil// This oil smells so darn good!!!I am a huge lover when it comes to all things coconut because it makes me feel like I’m on a tropical island somewhere.  Before blow drying my hair I would take three dime sized drops of the oil and run it throughout my hair (you can use this when your hair is dry as well). Once my hair was dry it was so soft, smooth and smelled amazing. I loved that this oil did not make my hair oily even though it is an oil. I think this would be a great oil for anyone who had dry rough hair but it’s great for any hair type (I have oily hair if I do not wash it every day).

Verdict: Love It

Living Proof Night Cap Overnight Perfector// One of my new favorite hair masks!!! I applied a small amount of this to my hair and combed it out throughly then went to sleep.  Once I woke up that morning I washed it out (you don’t have to wash it out though) and blow dried my hair as I normally would. My hair was very smooth, shiny and my frizz was significantly reduced which is always a plus with this TX weather. I use this a few times a month to keep my hair looking healthy.

Verdict: Love It

New Age Beauty Charcoal Wash-Off Mask// This is a charcoal mud mask that unclogs your pores and impurities. I wear makeup pretty much every day, so my pores tend to get clogged especially my nose. This mask was extremely easy to apply which is a plus because some wash off masks are a pain in the butt to apply. Once I applied it I kept it on for the 15 minutes as suggested and then washed it off. My skin was extremely soft and smooth and I did notice the the pores on my nose were less clogged. I loved that this mask did not dry out my skin like other clay masks I have used in the past and it did not make my skin feel on fire (I’ve used some masks that have made my skin feel very hot and so uncomfortable).

Verdict: Love It

Skinfix Ultra Rich Body Butter// This lotion is not one of my favorite lotions to use but it’s not horrible by any means. I felt that it did make my skin a little softer but nothing that I was overly thrilled about. I also was not a huge fan of the smell which I don’t even know how to describe the smell honestly (it doesn’t stink but I’m not a fan of it).

Verdict: Leave It

Seraphine Guava Butter Creamy Lip & Cheek Stain// Who doesn’t love a multi-purpose beauty product? I will admit that I did not try this as a check stain because I am more of a powder girl when it comes to blush type products. I will say though that I loved this as a lip stain. The shade was the perfect amount of color and made my lips super soft! It glided on perfectly when applying it which is always a plus.

Verdict: Love It

As you can see I got very lucky with these products from my subscription services with the exception of one product. I love being able to try out products that I get through Ipsy & Play! by Sephora  so I don’t waste my money on the full sized products. Another plus is I get to try new brands out that I have never heard of. I hope you enjoy this new series and I plan on having several of these posts throughout the month.

Have you tried any of these products before? What are you loving or leaving lately?

1. OK so I want to try all these! I love the I’m Real face masks and I have put the too faced primer in my cart!

Posted 9.21.17 Reply

Ashley they are all amazing products with the exception of the lotion. Tony Moly masks are my jam!! The Too Faced Primer is going to be perfect for the Fall!

Posted 9.28.17 Reply
  2. I absolutely love Pacifica and haven’t met a product of theirs that I didn’t like! Also, those Tony Moly masks are pretty great too. I need to try that Hangover Rx soon!

Posted 9.21.17 Reply

Daneen this was the first time trying out any of their products and I was super impressed! I can not wait to try out more! Tony Moly masks are my addiction when it comes to affordable masks. You should try out the primer!! It’s amazing!

Posted 9.28.17 Reply
  3. Beth wrote:

These all sound so awesome! I’m always looking for a new face mask, I might need to try that charcoal one!!

Posted 9.21.17 Reply

Thank You Beth!! I love a good charcoal mask and this one did not disappoint!

Posted 9.28.17 Reply
  4. Oh! These are all some really great products. I love the Too Faced Hangover Rx. That’s one of my go tos. I really need to try the Coola Setting Spray b/c I love all of their other products. The I’m Real Pearl Luminating Sheet Mask is on my wish list now, too!

Posted 9.21.17 Reply

Hi Sweet Friend!!! I really love the Too Faced Hangover Primer. It will be a go-to for the Fall for me because I have oily skin and it doesn’t work completely for me during the Summer. I too love Coola products that I have tried so far!!! That mask is amazing and it’s so affordable!!!

Posted 9.28.17 Reply
  5. Lorna wrote:

Must try the coconut oil and the overnight hair mask. I need all the help I can get!

Posted 9.21.17 Reply

Lorna they are both great products that will do wonders for your hair for sure!

Posted 9.28.17 Reply
  6. Samantha wrote:

Oooo! So many great products for me to try now! I’ve heard so many amazing things about the charcoals masks, so I think I need to go get some! Thanks!

Posted 9.21.17 Reply

Thank You Samantha!! Charcoal masks can be absolutely amazing!!! I really loved this one because it worked with unclogging my pores.

Posted 9.28.17 Reply

Love Coola products and I’ve been dying to try that Too Faced primer. Totally going to check it out!

Posted 9.22.17 Reply

Me too Jenny!!! I really like the Too Faced Primer and think it would be perfect for me in the winter time. You should check it out!

Posted 9.24.17 Reply
  8. Sarah wrote:

I love posts like this where products are really reviewed instead of just promoted. Thanks!

Posted 9.22.17 Reply

Sarah I love being able to review products and give my honest opinion. I will only promote products that I truly love. Hope you enjoyed!

Posted 9.24.17 Reply
  9. Amy C wrote:

Love finding new products to try! Thank you for all the great recommendations. That charcoal mask is first on my list!

Posted 9.22.17 Reply

Thank You Amy!!! I really love the charcoal mask!!! It’s also very affordable.

Posted 9.24.17 Reply
  10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the TonyMoly I’m Real Sheet Masks, they are so good! I’ve also tried and loved the Coola Makeup Setting Spray, but I think I got a bad one. The spray comes out SO strong then it leaves my face soaked. I’m definitely checking out the other things you loved – especially the Hask Coconut Oil because my hair is seriously in need of some loving!

Posted 9.22.17 Reply

Jiawun I am a huge fan of TonyMoly products! I thankfully did not have that problem with the spray. I love sprays but also know how some of them can be like what you had experienced. The coconut oil is amazing!!!

Posted 9.24.17 Reply
  11. I also love that face mask. I really liked this post it is different than a regular favorites post!

Posted 9.22.17 Reply

Thank You Stephanie!!! I love doing favorite posts but I like to let y’all know what products are just not worth it (at least to me).

Posted 9.24.17 Reply
  12. La Shell wrote:

I love those little sheet masks and the Too Faced Hangover. It’s my favorite primer.

Posted 9.22.17 Reply

La Shell I love sheet masks! The Too Faced hangover primer is really awesome! I will use it more in the winter time.

Posted 9.24.17 Reply
  13. So these products sounds amazing! You do a great job describing them. I guess doing these product reviews is part of how you make money blogging? I’m still a novice at sponsored posts! I think the product I would like the most here is the coconut oil hair oil.

Posted 9.23.17 Reply

Thank You. All of these products were purchased by me, so this was not a sponsored post. However, you can make money from doing product reviews as a blogger. The coconut hair oil is a really great product!

Posted 9.24.17 Reply
  14. Carly wrote:

Sounds like you got a ton of great products this month! I will have to give them a try.

Posted 9.23.17 Reply

Carly I did get to try out some amazing products in this post. You should try some of them out for sure!

Posted 9.24.17 Reply
  15. Sami wrote:

I love those I’m Real masks!! And I definitely want to go try the Too Faced Hangover primer!

xo
    Sami

Posted 9.25.17 Reply

Sami I love the masks as well!!! They are so affordable which is a huge plus! The Too Faced Primer is amazing!!!

Posted 9.28.17 Reply
  16. Shannon wrote:

I love the I’m Real masks! This just reminded me I have one, I’m going to use it tonight!

Posted 9.25.17 Reply

Shannon me too!!! I love that they are so affordable and really work!

Posted 9.28.17 Reply
  17. The hangover primer is my go-to for a primer. It’s SO nourishing and I feel like it completely wakes up my whole face!

Posted 9.25.17 Reply

Taylor I just started using it and I love it! I have oily skin during the summer time so it’s not too ideal but for Fall it would be perfect!

Posted 9.28.17 Reply
  18. Jordyn wrote:

I would love to try the face primer and the Coola Spf makeup setting spray. I love trying new products!

Posted 9.25.17 Reply

Jordyn they are both great products to try out!! I am such a beauty junkie!!

Posted 9.28.17 Reply