STH Happenings// Vol. 5

Happy Thursday!!! I am glad that I am back to blogging because things have been entirely too quite around here lately. With wedding planning, work, a family emergency and life in general, things have been happening non-stop. I wish I could pump the brakes a little and relax but life is going to be awfully busy for a while. I will admit though some things that have been happening are exciting! Here’s what I’ve been up to lately.

Happenings

+I booked my engagement photos. I’m pretty excited about these; however trying to figure out what we are going to wear….is going to drive me crazy. If you have any suggestions let me know!

+I said YES to the dress last weekend. I tried on about 25 dresses and it came down to two of them. I won’t lie it was a very hard choice but it came down to what could I dance in more (because I will be a dancing fool at my wedding). I went with a style that was not what I was originally going towards (which a lot of people say typically happens) Here is the one that didn’t make the cut. It’s so pretty though!

+My grandmother had a stroke last week which threw my family completely out of whack. Thankfully she is making small improvements and will hopefully get back to her old self again soon.

+I have been so exhausted over the last week with my grandmother’s stroke. I feel like I have not slept in years (I look like it as well). I just want to sleep all day y’all.

+I became an admin for BPP (Blog Passion Project). I am very excited to be an admin for this group. This is by far one of my favorite blogging groups because everyone is so genuine.

In Case You Missed It

+ Jan Marini Clean & Skin Zyme Review

+ October Goals

+ My Fall Makeup Essentials

+ Love It or Leave It Vol 1

Insta Lately

Happy Monday Y’all!! Yesterday I took a trip to @sephora to get some new goodies and my tried and true @urbandecaycosmetics setting spray. Testing out this @fentybeauty foundation to see if it’s worth the hype. I’ll have my review coming soon! Have you tried it out yet or any of the products? Let me know in the comments below. . . . . . @fentybeauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Foundation in 170 @fentybeauty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick in Rum @fentybeauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick in Bamboo @nudestix Gel Color Lip in Wicked @laneige_us Essential Power Skin Toner @toocoolforschool.us Firming, Hydration & Pore Tightening Egg Mask @urbandecaycosmetics All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray . . . #sweetteaandhydrangeas #blogger #beautyblogger #beautyblogcoalition #makeup #makeuplover #skincare #sheetmask #photosinbetween #thatsdarling #thehappynow #theeverydaygirl #blogpassionproject #syblbeauty #urbandecay #fentyfoundation #fentibeauty #sweetwaterdecor #toocoolforschool #laneige #nudestix

A post shared by Sweet Tea & Hydrangeas (@sweetteaandhydrangeas) on

Has anything been going on in your life lately? I’d love to know how things are going for you! Let me know in the comments below.

1. Michele wrote:

That dress is beautiful! Congratulations! And thanks for mentioning your facebook blogging group. I asked to join. I am always looking for more GENUINE blogging groups. I am fairly new to blogging so I need all the support I can get :).

Posted 10.26.17 Reply

Thank You Michele. I loved the dress but at the end of the day I wanted something that I could move around in a little more. It was such a hard choice! Yah for you wanting to join our blogging group!! Welcome to the blogging community!

2. candy wrote:

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Hope she is recovering well. Exciting to find the dress and the perfect photographer. Coming together.

Posted 10.26.17 Reply

Thank You Candy. She is recovering slowly. I am excited that I found my dress and am slowly getting things all planned for the wedding.

3. lauren wrote:

SO sorry about your grandmother’s stroke! That’s so stressful, I hope she’s making a steady recovery. Your runner up dress is absolutely gorgeous, so the final choice must be absolutely amazing! What a special time right now. Planning a wedding is so stressful, but it’s so amazing once it’s all over.

Posted 10.26.17 Reply

Thank You Lauren. Last week was a really hard week but she is getting better with time. It was so hard picking between the two dresses. The one that I shared on the post was the style I was leaning towards more before my appointment. I just wanted something I could move in and dance in. Wedding planning has been going pretty good so far thankfully!! I have gotten several big items checked off my list so far.

4. Lynn Woods wrote:

Congratulations on your engagement! Great choice on a dress. So sorry to hear about your Grandmother!

Posted 10.26.17 Reply

Thank You Lynn!! I didn’t pick that dress but it was one I almost got. My grandmother is slowly getting better.

5. Andy S wrote:

Oh that dress is gorgeous! I can’t imagine how lovely your choice is if this wasn’t your first choice. I remember helping my daughter choose her wedding gown. It’s really overwhelming isn’t it? I’m happy you found your dress! Hoping your grandmother recovers from her stroke, and that she’ll be at your wedding with her dancing shoes on. Prayers!

Posted 10.26.17 Reply

Thank You Andy! It was so hard choosing between the two dresses at the end. It was overwhelming for sure but I still had a great experience. I think I would have been a little less stressed if everything with my grandmother would not have happened. She is slowly getting better, we just hope that continues to get better. Thank You for the prayers!

Posted 10.26.17 Reply
  6. Hi Doll! It sounds like you have been super busy lately. You’ve been on my mind and I was going to message you today to see how you’ve been. I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My prayers are with her and your family as she continues to heal. I hope she’s back to her self before long.

Yay for finding your dream wedding dress! Isn’t that the best feeling ever? You’re going to be a beautiful bride!!! I’m so happy for you!

Posted 10.26.17 Reply

Hi Friend!! I have been super busy lately and I would love to sleep for a whole week straight. That won’t be happening anytime soon though. My grandmother is getting better in time but still has a long way to go. Hoping she gets back to her old self again soon. I appreciate your prayers! I am excited that I found my dream dress. It was a hard decision for sure. I loved both dresses but I figured I wanted something I could dance in. It’s a year away tomorrow! Crazy how time flies. Just have to keep on getting things off my list. 🙂

7. Kathleen wrote:

Wow i cant imagine planning a wedding and going through your family situations. I will be praying for your grandma <3 Also super excited to see your engagement pics! xoxo

Posted 10.26.17 Reply

Kathleen last week was very stressful to say the least but I am happy that I was able to find my wedding dress. One more thing to take off my list of things to do. Thank You for the prayers! Greatly appreciated. 🙂

8. summer wrote:

Yay!!! So glad you found a dress – can’t wait to see your engagement photos. I wore a casual outfit for some and a dressier dress for others. It was nice to have two different kinds! See if your photographer will allow an outfit change!

So glad to have you as an admin at BPP!

9. Emily wrote:

Hope your grandmother recovers quickly! I’m sure your dress is gorgeous!

Posted 10.26.17 Reply
  10. Congratulations on saying yes to the dress! My daughter is newly engaged and wedding planning over here is full steam ahead. I’m sorry to hear about your grandmother – prayers sent that she makes a full recovery.

11. Thena wrote:

Congrats on your engagement, and I love love that dress. It is stunning, absolute show stopper!

Posted 10.27.17 Reply
  12. Manda wrote:

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials, that dress is stunning btw. So very sorryto hear about your grandmother.

Posted 10.27.17 Reply