STH Happenings// Vol. 6

How do I begin this post, other than saying life has been so crazy for my lately (this is why I have been missing recently on the blog, social media, etc). I thought things were settling down with everything that happened with my grandmother which I shared in this post. However, once things settled down with her, my grandfather went into the hospital as well. These last three weeks have been nothing short of exhausting and I honestly hope that the rest of 2017 goes by smoothly (I don’t think I can handle any more craziness to be honest). So today, I will be sharing some life updates and things that have been going on with my lately. I apologize now for lots of long paragraphs.

+My grandmother was released from the hospital and is now currently in rehab. She has lost usage of her right side completely, so we are hoping with therapy, she begins regaining her memory on her right side.

+My grandfather went into the hospital almost two weeks ago due to pain in his right side. The doctors told us initially that he had pneumonia and gallstones. Not too horrible right? Wrong!! They then proceeded to let us know days afterwards that he was extremely sick and pretty much probably going to die. This of course sent me into a panic attack….every emotion you can imagine, I was experiencing it. The doctors at the hospital he was in pretty much were giving up on him, which I was so mad because aren’t doctors supposed to do all they can do for people? Obviously not those doctors, they told us to go ahead and get his last wishes together,etc. I am not going to lie I wanted to punch every single one of those doctors at the hospital. So we transferred him to another hospital, which thank God they were not going to just give up on him. Thankfully he is doing much better and we can only hope that he continues to improve. If you can’t tell by now, my grandparents are my world.

+My fiancé and I flew out to Vegas last week to see Britney Spears in concert. Yes I am a Britney fan and have been since she came out with Baby One More Time (no shame y’all)! This was my birthday present (my bday was in May) but we were not able to go see her until last week. I must say the props, costumes, dancing…the whole show was amazing! I’ve seen her before in the past but Vegas was the topping on the cake. Here’s a picture of me before we left for the concert.

+I did a ton of damage recently with the Sephora VIB Rouge sale. Spent way too much money…and I don’t think I am even done yet. Would y’all like to see my recommendations for the sale? If so, let me know in the comments below and I’ll put together a post for this week!

+I’m starting to think of holiday posts that I want to do. I have lots of ideas but let me know what you’d like to see and I’ll try to make it happen!

That’s all that has been going on with me for the last few weeks. I hated to be away from blogging but my family comes first.

How have things been for you? Any exciting things going on in your life? Let me know in the comments below.

1. Helen wrote:

So jealous you got to see Brittany! Sounds like a fabulous birthday trip!

Posted 11.7.17 Reply

Helen it was such a good show!!! I was excited to go see her in Vegas!

Posted 11.7.17 Reply
  2. summer wrote:

I have been praying for you and your grandparents like crazy! My grandfather had a second aneurysm last year and lost basically all feeling in his left leg – it tingles sometimes, but that’s it. I’m close with my grandparents, so I know how tough and scary these times are.

Also, so fun that you got to see Britney!

Posted 11.7.17 Reply

Thank You Summer!! I appreciate it so much!! It’s so hard to see my grandparents not doing well. So sorry to hear about your grandfather’s aneurysm, that is scary! Britney was a lot of fun!

Posted 11.7.17 Reply
  3. Southern & Style wrote:

I am SO sorry about your grandparents-I know how much mine all mean to me so going through that must’ve been so hard. Blogging is great, but family always comes first in my book!

xoxo, SS

Southern and Style

Posted 11.7.17 Reply

Thank You so much Jordyn! It has been very difficult seeing my grandparents suffer recently. I just hope things start getting better because we all could use a break. I agree that family always comes first. 🙂

Posted 11.7.17 Reply
  4. Shannon wrote:

I am so sorry about your grandparents! My grandpa is not doing well either… I would totally go to a Britney concert. I am already seeing tons of holiday blog posts up and I’m like ahhhh!

Posted 11.7.17 Reply
  5. Family always comes first <3 So glad to hear that your grandparents are doing better. Praying like crazy! <3 Also, too fun that you got to go to a Britney concert–and you can never spend too much money at Sephora! 😉

Posted 11.7.17 Reply
  6. Kristen wrote:

I am so sorry to hear about your grandparents illnesses! I’m glad that they are both starting to feel better now, I’ll be praying for you and your family! Glad you got to get away and go see Britney Spears in Vegas 🙂 That sounds like so much fun!

Posted 11.7.17 Reply

Keeping your grandparents in my thoughts, Mistle. <3 It's always so tough to see the people we love going through difficult things.

Posted 11.8.17 Reply
  8. Shannon wrote:

I hope things continue to get better with your grandparents! I would be the same way if mine started having health troubles so I totally understand. So jealous you got to see Britney – I have been to Vegas a lot recently but still haven’t seen any shows!

Posted 11.8.17 Reply
  9. Cara wrote:

So sorry to hear about your grandparents! I was/am super close with mine and it’s always hard when sickness strikes your family. Prayers for you all and hoping things settle down for you soon. 🙂

Posted 11.8.17 Reply

Thank You Cara! I appreciate the prayers a lot. Things have settled down some but we still have a long way to go. 🙂

Posted 11.13.17 Reply
  10. Jae wrote:

I’m so sorry about your grandparents. I hope they’re both on the mend now! Anyway, I just received the products I got from the VIB Sale (took a little over a week to get them!), and I’m so far loving every one of them! I mostly got some mini Drunk Elephant skin care gift sets, by the way.

Posted 11.30.17 Reply