December 2017 Goals

This year has honestly flown by so quickly. I am still in shock that I am talking about my December goals already. In this post you will see that I am recapping my October goals instead of my November goals. Unfortunately in October both of my grandparents went into the hospital within a week of each other (You can read about them here and here). So I did not have much time to blog and then November came and things got really bad for me. My grandfather was said to have been doing much better and got out of the hospital, then went back in in which he passed away. It has been a very tough few months for me. However, I will leave my thoughts for another post when I am ready to talk about my feelings. A huge thank you though to all of those that sent prayers, love,etc my way during that time. I greatly appreciate it!

I always love a new month because that gives me something to look forward to as far as what I would like to get accomplished. It’s always nice to have a fresh start. Today I’m going to be recapping my October goals and share what I want to accomplish this month.

October Goals Revisited: Blog & Personal

-Set a date for my engagement photos// Yes!!! So happy this is done. I even scheduled my makeup/hair appointment for it as well.

-Start finalizing the rough draft of our wedding guest list// Yes!!! We added more people to it after realizing we had missed some people. I have a feeling we will be having to up our number of guests.

-Start looking into hotels to block off for the wedding night// Not yet. I really need to get on this!

-Write five beauty posts// This did not happen. Unfortunately with two family emergencies back to back, blogging this month got put on the back burner.

-Write five blog posts ahead of time// Didn’t happen either. I wrote three blog posts ahead of time. So I guess that is better than nothing.

-Continue working with brands// Yes!! I am currently in the process of working with a few more brands. I am excited for these opportunities.

-Start saving money for Christmas presents// I haven’t really saved any money yet for presents but I did buy a few, so I’ll count that as a yes.

4/7// I am actually proud of myself for even accomplishing four of my goals. October was a very rough month.

December Goals: Blog & Personal

-Block off a hotel for our wedding// Seeing I have not had time to do this…I really need to get on it.

-Take some time to relax// I have slowly begun to relax after all the events that took place. I need a spa day though ASAP!

-Continue to purchase Christmas gifts// I have only purchased a few gifts and have a long way to go.

-Enjoy spending time with my family over the Christmas holiday// Seeing everything that has happened recently, I just want to take all the time I can to enjoy it with my family.

-Begin drafting ideas for content for January// I already have several ideas as far as what I want to write for the month of January but I need to put it altogether.

-Start reading The Lipstick Gospel books// I saw this on my friend Leslie’s Instagram as a suggestion and I had to order them.

-Book a videographer for our wedding// I have already messaged several of them but need to make my final choice.

I hope you enjoyed the recap of my goals from October and my goals for this month. I have several goals for this month but nothing that is too crazy. I really need to take time to relax and enjoy life a little bit.

What are you goals for this month? What did you accomplish last month?

1. Rachel wrote:

I can’t believe how fast this year’s going either! Getting ahead on blog content is def on my radar for this month too!

2. Johanne wrote:

You did very well with your goals, especially with everything that happened recently. My condolences. I hope you get things back on track in december. Good luck!

3. Lynn Woods wrote:

I’ve got to get better about writing goals each month. They’re in my head, but never make it to paper. Of course that does me no good! Lol

4. Zuzana Paar wrote:

What an Idea to give yourself goals. I never do that and I guess I am missing on so much. Thanks

5. Sophie wrote:

Love these goals posts. It’s fun to read!!

6. Taylor wrote:

This is awesome! I, personally, am not a goal setter. I want to try to be lol I would probably set goals for my blogging if anything. Best wishes on your goals!

7. Marcie wrote:

I’m so glad you booked hair and makeup appointments for your engagement shoot! I wish I would have done that because my hair is a bit funky in mine (I did it myself) and it bothers me. I hope you have a lovely Christmas!

8. Cara wrote:

So sorry to hear about your grandparents and your grandfather’s passing. I know that must be so hard for you and you’re in my prayers! (My grandparents were my world too)

9. Misty wrote:

I need to make my goals for Jan. Dec. is a hectic month, but only need to get 2 more gifts.

Posted 12.6.17 Reply
  10. Happy December Doll! It sounds like you have a busy month planned but I know you can do all of these goals! I’m so behind on my Christmas shopping, too and feeling a bit panicked about it but i’ll get it all done. I’m just trying to enjoy the season. It’s finally cold here so that makes it feel a little more like Christmas and puts me in the spirit more. I love the Lipstick Gospel books! I can’t wait for you to start them, youll love them, I promise. They’re total life changers!

Hope you have an amazing week, doll!
    xo

Posted 12.6.17 Reply
  11. Mistle, my thoughts are with you and your family during this grieving period. But I’m so impressed you were able to get all of these goals accomplished in spite of everything else you had going on!

Posted 12.6.17 Reply

Thank You Corey for the sweet words! It has been a rough couple of months with the loss of my grandfather. I stepped away from blogging until just recently and it was needed. Things have slowly gotten better but of course I miss my grandfather like crazy still.

12. Lyne wrote:

Good luck with your monthly goals…it’s hard to keep on track on a normal month let alone with the holidays

Posted 12.6.17 Reply

Thank You Lyne. December was a very busy month for me, so I tried to accomplish as much as I could in December.

Posted 3.12.18 Reply
  13. I’m sorry to hear about the passing of your grandfather. I do think this is a great time to just surround yourself by loved ones though so I hope you get lots of opportunities! Great job on everything you did accomplish in October though, and good luck with your December goals. I’m so behind on writing/scheduling out blog posts and I really want to work on that more – especially for the new year.

-Lauren

Posted 12.6.17 Reply

Thank You Lauren. It’s been hard since my grandfathers passing but I am slowly getting there. Over these last few months I have spent lots of time with my family, which has been great. It was a good time to be able to step away from blogging and focus on life itself. I am happy to be back though! I hope that you have been able to get better with writing/scheduling your posts ahead of time.

14. Stefan wrote:

It’s always a good idea to set goals for yourself to stay on track with what you want to accomplish.Looks like you got a lot in store for yourself this December so hopefully you have the time to get everything done! Thanks for sharing, love the font in your image by the way!

Posted 12.6.17 Reply

Stefan I agree that it’s great keeping track of your goals. I had a very busy December in which I had to take a step back from blogging. So happy to be back. Thank You for the comment on loving my font on my image.

15. Ruthie Ridley wrote:

You are crushing it!! Congrats on working with some brands and your wedding!!

Posted 12.6.17 Reply

Thank You Ruthie! It has been very exciting to work with brands and plan my wedding. Now to get back into the swing of blogging again.

16. Carly wrote:

love the idea of sharing your goals for each month!

Carly | preppedupglamour.com

Posted 12.6.17 Reply

Thank You Carly! I enjoy sharing my monthly goals.

Posted 3.12.18 Reply
  17. When is your wedding? How fun and exciting to plan it. Hope you find some much-needed relaxation after a rough month!

Posted 12.6.17 Reply

Marette it is October 27th of this year. I have been having a good time planning it so far! Just trying to get the last few things checked off my list as quickly as possible. I am finally getting back into being able to relax more with everything that previously happened. I took a very long extended blogging break but am happy to be back.

Posted 3.12.18 Reply

Yay I love all the wedding related stuff on this list. It’s always so fun! Good luck with your goals this month, girl. You’ve got this.

Posted 12.6.17 Reply

Thank You Jenny! Wedding planning has come a long way since I posted this. Slowly getting everything crossed off my list. 🙂

19. becca wrote:

It can be so fun and stressful planning a wedding. Congratulations!!

Posted 12.6.17 Reply

Becca I agree!!! I am slowly getting things done for the wedding but I had planned so much when I first got engaged. Ready to have it all completed.

20. Rachel G wrote:

Hope you enjoy your Christmas shopping this month! I was out last night doing some shopping and now I think I’m just about finished! 🙂 It’s so fun when you stumble across the perfect gift for someone!

Posted 12.6.17 Reply

Thank You Rachel. I enjoyed Christmas shopping and was happy to get it over with. That’s awesome that you were able to find great gifts!!

Posted 3.12.18 Reply
  21. ohh so many exciting things coming up for the wedding!! Hope you have a great month! And happy holidays!

Posted 12.7.17 Reply

Thank you Rachel. December was a big month with lots of wedding items being completed. Slowly getting more items checked off my list.

Posted 3.12.18 Reply
  22. So many great goals for this month! Good luck with them.

Posted 12.7.17 Reply

Thank You Jasmine!

Posted 3.12.18 Reply
  23. You did really well with last month’s goals, girl! Good on you for already thinking about January’s content; I always end up slacking and falling behind when it comes to my blog in January, I should really try and make time to plan and draft a few posts for the new year too. Good luck with your December goals! Fingers crossed you get that hotel sorted! 🙂 xx

Posted 12.7.17 Reply

Thank You Christie! Unfortunately all the content I had planned for January did not happen because I went back on a blogging break. I am excited though to bring new content now that I am back to blogging. 🙂

24. Belinda wrote:

Hi Mistle, it’s great in the first place that you set intentions for your month. Plus, managing a blog and getting ready to get married that is a lot of work but I’m sure you got this! Best of luck!

Posted 12.7.17 Reply

Hi Belinda! I love being able to set intentions each month to keep me on track. I recently took a blogging break in order to get a lot of wedding items complete and just because I needed a break. Blogging is a lot of work but a lot of fun as well.

25. Alix Maza wrote:

I’m so sorry about your grandparents! Good luck with your goals for this month.

Posted 12.7.17 Reply

Thank You Alix!! I appreciate that. December was a crazy month but I did fairly well on my goals. Now to get back into blogging from my break.

26. Southern & Style wrote:

How exciting that you’re making such progress with your wedding planning!

xoxo, SS

Southern and Style

Posted 12.7.17 Reply

Thank You!! I am slowly checking things off my list. Just have a few more items to complete.

27. Erin wrote:

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandpa! It’s tough to get any blogging work done when you have a death in the family, but work has to go on the backburner because family is more important! (My dad just died, so I’m going through a similar experience.) I hope you enjoy spending time with everyone for Christmas 🙂

Posted 12.7.17 Reply

Thank You Erin! I have been on a much needed blogging break over the last 5 months. With everything that happened with my family at the time, holidays and planning my wedding, I needed a break. I am so glad to be back though! I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope that things have gotten easier for you in time.

Posted 3.12.18 Reply
  28. I’m so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope things continue to get better from here… despite everything, you’re still doing great as far as goals go!

Posted 12.7.17 Reply

Thank You Sam! Things have gotten better over the last few months. I took a very long blogging break but it was much needed. I am very happy to be back!

29. Joan Cajic wrote:

Love how detailed you are I need to organise myself a bit more. Great goals.

Posted 12.7.17 Reply

Thank You Joan! I try to keep my goals as organized as I possibly can. Sometimes I obtain them and sometimes I don’t. I am just happy to be able to accomplish anything I set out to.

30. Cyn Gagen wrote:

Great goals. Here it is the 7th and I really have made any for myself. I need to get on that.

Posted 12.7.17 Reply

Thank You Cyn!!! Hope you were able to accomplish your goals in December.

31. Kim wrote:

So many wedding things happening, how exciting! 4/7 for November isn’t bad at all, especially when you take the holiday and such into consideration.

Posted 12.7.17 Reply

Kim lots of wedding things happening. I have a few more items to check of my list now that life has calmed down some and I am back from my blogging break.