Hi Friends! I haven’t shared recent happenings in awhile, so I thought I’d say hi and we would get caught up. Life has been crazy busy lately between getting last minute wedding stuff together, work and just life in general. As much as I enjoy things being busy I am ready for things to slow down just a bit (that probably won’t happen till after the wedding). I can also say that I am in complete awe that July is over. This year has seriously flown by! I won’t lie I am so ready for Fall and some cooler weather already. It’s in the high 90’s to 100 degrees here and I’m over it. Anyone else there with me? Enough of my random ramblings here’s what I’ve been up to lately.
- My fiancé and I registered for our wedding gifts. Seeing that we already have a lot of stuff, trying to register wasn’t exactly easy. We only registered for 64 items at one location and I believe 6 at the other. So yeah….I need to go in and add more things. My fiance honestly could have cared less because he feels we have everything that we need currently. I had to explain that you upgrade your current items for better ones. If you have any suggestions on must haves let me know!!!
- We went cake tasting which was a lot of fun!!! Not exactly what I expected but still enjoyed it. I was lucky that we both already knew what we wanted as far as designs, so the appointment was quick and easy. We decided that our wedding cake flavors would be amaretto and praline. For the groomsmen cake he decided on a strawberry filling.
- We saw Pentatonix in concert and I was so impressed! They are amazing performers and their energy was insane.
- I recently purchased some extensions from Hidden Crown to try out for the wedding. I purchased the halo one first and I will admit I’m still trying to work it correctly. I think I need to loosen it some and work out the kinks. I will say that I loved the way it made my hair look. I felt like a princess. I also just purchased the clip ins to see how I like those.
- I went to Nashville for my bachelorette party and had a blast! Nashville seriously stole my heart and I can not wait to go back. The people were so nice there and we had such a good time partying it up.
- I recently became a brand ambassador for both MaskerAide Beauty and Farmacy. I could not be more excited and honored. I have been using their products for well over a year now and for them to have reached out to me was amazing. I honestly never thought I would be at this point when it came to blogging. I say this because I know I am not the best blogger out there, so to even have been considered makes me happy.
- I am still in the process of updating the look of STH. It’s taking a lot longer then expected but I’m okay with that. I do not want to half way do something and it not be how I want it. I also will be changing the name up a bit. Of course once everything changes over you guys will be the first to know!
- I am thinking about trying out IGTV. I will admit that I hate being on video or hearing my voice on video. So I am trying to get better with this at least right now on IG Stories then potentially branching out to IGTV. Have you used IGTV yet? If so let me know how you like it!
I have been buying way too many things lately but that’s okay! I have been able to save money despite all the purchases I have made.
I went in for a dermaplane facial months ago and loved how my skin looked afterwards. My make up went on so much smoother and my skin looked refreshed. Of course finding the time and the money to keep getting them….isn’t always budget friendly. So I had seen the DermaFlash 2.0 system and thought maybe it would be worth trying out. I am so glad I purchased it! It’s extremely easy to use and I can do it at my own convenience. I’ll have more of a full review coming soon!
I am branching out more with trying drug store beauty products. I used to wear drug store makeup a lot when I was younger but now I mostly wear high end brands. On my most recent trip to Target I picked up the Physicians Butter Bronzer, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer, L’ Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara, Aveeno Ultra Calming Makeup Wipes, Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer and Pixi Fast Flash Facial set. I know a ton of bloggers have raved about the first three products I listed, so I thought I’d give them a try as well. Once I try these products out I will give y’all feedback on if they are worth the hype!
I’d love to hear what has been going on in your life lately! Also what are some recent purchases you have made?