Hi Friends! I haven’t shared recent happenings in awhile, so I thought I’d say hi and we would get caught up. Life has been crazy busy lately between getting last minute wedding stuff together, work and just life in general. As much as I enjoy things being busy I am ready for things to slow down just a bit (that probably won’t happen till after the wedding). I can also say that I am in complete awe that July is over. This year has seriously flown by! I won’t lie I am so ready for Fall and some cooler weather already. It’s in the high 90’s to 100 degrees here and I’m over it. Anyone else there with me? Enough of my random ramblings here’s what I’ve been up to lately.
- My fiancé and I registered for our wedding gifts. Seeing that we already have a lot of stuff, trying to register wasn’t exactly easy. We only registered for 64 items at one location and I believe 6 at the other. So yeah….I need to go in and add more things. My fiance honestly could have cared less because he feels we have everything that we need currently. I had to explain that you upgrade your current items for better ones. If you have any suggestions on must haves let me know!!!
- We went cake tasting which was a lot of fun!!! Not exactly what I expected but still enjoyed it. I was lucky that we both already knew what we wanted as far as designs, so the appointment was quick and easy. We decided that our wedding cake flavors would be amaretto and praline. For the groomsmen cake he decided on a strawberry filling.
- We saw Pentatonix in concert and I was so impressed! They are amazing performers and their energy was insane.
- I recently purchased some extensions from Hidden Crown to try out for the wedding. I purchased the halo one first and I will admit I’m still trying to work it correctly. I think I need to loosen it some and work out the kinks. I will say that I loved the way it made my hair look. I felt like a princess. I also just purchased the clip ins to see how I like those.
- I went to Nashville for my bachelorette party and had a blast! Nashville seriously stole my heart and I can not wait to go back. The people were so nice there and we had such a good time partying it up.
- I recently became a brand ambassador for both MaskerAide Beauty and Farmacy. I could not be more excited and honored. I have been using their products for well over a year now and for them to have reached out to me was amazing. I honestly never thought I would be at this point when it came to blogging. I say this because I know I am not the best blogger out there, so to even have been considered makes me happy.
- I am still in the process of updating the look of STH. It’s taking a lot longer then expected but I’m okay with that. I do not want to half way do something and it not be how I want it. I also will be changing the name up a bit. Of course once everything changes over you guys will be the first to know!
- I am thinking about trying out IGTV. I will admit that I hate being on video or hearing my voice on video. So I am trying to get better with this at least right now on IG Stories then potentially branching out to IGTV. Have you used IGTV yet? If so let me know how you like it!
I have been buying way too many things lately but that’s okay! I have been able to save money despite all the purchases I have made.
I went in for a dermaplane facial months ago and loved how my skin looked afterwards. My make up went on so much smoother and my skin looked refreshed. Of course finding the time and the money to keep getting them….isn’t always budget friendly. So I had seen the DermaFlash 2.0 system and thought maybe it would be worth trying out. I am so glad I purchased it! It’s extremely easy to use and I can do it at my own convenience. I’ll have more of a full review coming soon!
I am branching out more with trying drug store beauty products. I used to wear drug store makeup a lot when I was younger but now I mostly wear high end brands. On my most recent trip to Target I picked up the Physicians Butter Bronzer, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer, L’ Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara, Aveeno Ultra Calming Makeup Wipes, Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer and Pixi Fast Flash Facial set. I know a ton of bloggers have raved about the first three products I listed, so I thought I’d give them a try as well. Once I try these products out I will give y’all feedback on if they are worth the hype!
I’d love to hear what has been going on in your life lately! Also what are some recent purchases you have made?
I am SOOOOOOOO jealous that you saw Pentatonix in concert. They are my favorite!
Also, did you know that instead of items, you can register for a honeymoon?
Kristin they were so good!!! Mitch’s vocal range is insane!! All of them are great singers though. I did know that you could register for a honeymoon. We are going to do a fund soon. 🙂
Hey boo OH MY GOSH those extensions fit you PERFECTLY! Nashville looked like such a blast and I’m so glad you had fun! I totally wish we had amaretto cake for our wedding that sounds delicious! Okay, spill the deets..hw did you become an ambassador for Farmacy?! I love that brand, huge congrats girl!!!! Xoxo
Hey girl!!! I love the extensions! I will probably get permanent ones though soon that will last up to six months. I really want them for the wedding and it’s so much easier to just have them put in. I am excited about the Amaretto cake! It should taste really good! I was directly contacted by Farmacy in regards to becoming an ambassador for them. I thought it was a fake email at first. It wasn’t!! I am beyond excited to be an Ambassador for them. I’ll be doing some review on new products on the blog & Instagram soon. 🙂
We had a lot of stuff before we registered too but a lot was from when I was in college so I used it as a time to get rid of the old and in with the new! I have never been to Nashville but my husband went there on his bachelor trip and had the best time!
Ashley seeing that he and I were both a little older when we moved in together, we had a lot of good items already. Though I was like lets upgrade to better things still. I loved Nashville so much!! You need to go one day!
Registering for my wedding three years ago was a total fave of mine! I love product research and seeing what’s the best…and also registering for new decor was fun too 🙂 If you don’t already have a good vacuum (or cordless if you have hardwood) I recommend registering for one of those and also a really nice blender. We got the Ninja blender because I wanted to be able to use it like a food processor as well as a blender and it’s been perfect for both!
Southern and Style
All of the wedding festivities sound so fun! I bet Nashville was a blast for your bachelorette. 🙂 I also wore extensions on my wedding day and I’m so happy I did because I also felt like a princess. Lol sounds like you’re staying busy and enjoying it all!
Katherine the festivities have been fun for the most part. A little stressful but nothing too bad. Extensions are the best! 🙂
Those extensions look gorgeous on you!!! I love them!
Thank You Aly!!! I must say that I am addicted to them!
Your extensions look fabulous girly! So glad you enjoyed your trip to Nashville- it’s such a fun place!
Thank You Cara!! I have such fine hair that it’s so nice to have fuller hair. I loved Nashville and hope to go back soon!
YAY! I am so excited for y’all to get married! You should definitely dive into IGTV – would love seeing some beauty content from you. 🙂 Also. I think that whenever you head back to Nash you should let me know… I’d love to go and party it up with ya!
Summer I am excited as well. I must say I am ready for all the planning to be completely done. It’s almost there. I’m ready to just relax. Lol. I will probably get into IGTV after the wedding but for now I am going to focus on doing some more Instastories. Yes lets go to Nashville together! We would have a blast! 🙂
LOVE those extensions on you–they look amazing!! Also, the DermaFlash is AMAZING! That’s what I’ve used for almost 2 years and it’s the best investment ever.
Thank You girl!! I am so happy that I invested in the DermaFlash! It’s so much cheaper to be able to do dermaplaning myself. Such a skincare life saver!
I love the extensions! They look so pretty. And I remember how much fun registering for gifts was. It’s almost as much fun as opening them. 🙂
Thank You Lecy!! I wanted to experiment with extensions, so I decided to give them a try finally. I plan on doing some in a few weeks that will be permanent for 6 months. A little bit easier to deal with but more money. Registering wasn’t too bad at all. We just had no idea what to get because we have so many things already.
Ooh, so many fun wedding-related things going on! I forgot how much planning actually goes into those events! I am curious as to why your cake-testing experience wasn’t what you thought it would be though. In what way was it different?
Indya a ton of wedding things going on currently! Thankfully most of the planning is done just small items that need to be completed currently. I don’t know why I thought the tasting would have been different but it was not bad at all.
ahh i love pentatonix! they are so talented! Must’ve been so cool to see them live! congrats on registering for your wedding gifts!
Rachel they were so good in concert! I was crazy impressed seeing I have only heard them on cd,etc.
Comments are closed.