8 Ideas For Self Care During The Holidays

The most wonderful time of the year has arrived! As much as I love the holidays it’s typically a hectic time for me. From the Christmas shopping, parties and traveling to see family things can become stressful real quick. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way. The holidays should be relaxing so I rounded up some of my favorite ways to make the season a little less stressful. Before that, I recommend that you take up some stress management classes at this Pompano Beach treatment facility, because therapy can be quite effective.

1. Listen to holiday music// I don’t know about y’all but Christmas music makes me happy! It gets me in the festive spirit and it’s just good for the soul!

2.Watch your favorite movies// I love being all cuddled up on the couch while watching my favorite Christmas movies. I am a sucker for Hallmark movies of course. My new favorite movie is The Christmas Contract featuring some of the OTH cast (one of my favorite shows back in the day) and it’s filmed in Louisiana.

3.Say NO when needed// As much as I would love to attend every event and volunteer my time it’s just not possible. It’s okay to say no! Sometimes you need to step back and take a break.

4. Enjoy a nice warm bath// Anytime I start to feel stressed, taking a bath always puts me at ease. I get my favorite soap, bath salts and a glass of wine and let my worries wash away. One of my favorite soaps to use that helps me relax is the English Lavender from Yardley. I pair it up with Dr. Teals soothe and sleep epsom salts and I am relaxed AF.

5. Have a pajama party with your girlfriends// Who doesn’t love cozy Christmas pj’s and a night with your favorite ladies?! Hanging out with my girls always helps me de-stress. Some good wine and lots of laughs makes

6.Burn your favorite candles// Having my house smell festive makes things cozier. Some of my favorite candles to burn are Twisted Peppermint and Marshmellow Fireside from B&BW.

7. Curl up with your favorite book// Being able to escape all the craziness with a good book always helps me feel more rested and recharged.

8. Treat YO SELF// I know the holidays are about giving to others but I am all about treating myself as well. Get a mani/pedi, massage or something you’ve had your eye on. Another way I love treating myself is putting on a good face mask. One of my favorites is Farmacy Bright On Vitamin C  Mask. Remember taking care of yourself is a must! You deserve it!

I hope these ideas help you relax a little more during a time that can be very stressful.

Do you practice self-care during the holidays? How do you relax during the holiday season?

1. So important to take time for yourself during the season!

Posted 11.26.18 Reply

Rebecca I agree! Taking care of yourself is extremely important especially during the holidays.

Posted 12.16.18 Reply
  2. monica wrote:

I finally learned to start saying no over the last few years and it has made a huge difference in my stress levels around the holidays!

Posted 11.26.18 Reply

Monica it’s so important to be able to say no at times. It truly helps reduce stress and helps with your mental health.

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  3. Watching my favorite holiday movies while snuggling on the couch with a hot drink is my favorite way to do selfcare,

Posted 11.27.18 Reply

I agree Jasmine! Nothing is better than watching your favorite holiday movies and having a hot drink. Self care is a must during the holidays.

4. Whitney wrote:

I think saying no is the most important! I think it’s important that we don’t take on too much and realize that if we are becoming overwhelmed.

Posted 11.27.18 Reply

Whitney it definitely is! I know it may disappoint some people but you have to do it for your mental health.

5. Helen wrote:

I have been running on Christmas music and movies. It’s my favorite time of the year, and I can’t get enough.

Posted 11.27.18 Reply

Helen me too!!! Every since they started the Hallmark movies in October I began watching them. It’s hard not to.

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  6. It can be so hard to say no sometimes. It takes practice and it’s so worth it. Self care is so important

Posted 11.27.18 Reply

Chelsea it can be but it’s a must to do! I agree that it is worth it. I am a firm believer that self care helps out so much.

7. Indya | The Small Adventurer wrote:

The holidays are my favourite time of year to indulge in self care! I usually like to remain bust 24/7, but December is the one month a year I really let myself relax with more simple pleasures, such as a movie night, a sleep in, or reading a good book. Slowing down once in a while does such a great deal of help to my overall mental health, and really helps me be grateful for what I have!

Posted 11.27.18 Reply

Indya it is my favorite time of the year as well. So many fun things going on! I try to relax on the regular as well but the holidays are a must!

8. Jiawun wrote:

YESSSS, when the holiday season comes, I’m always listening to Christmas music! I love it when they play Christmas music at the malls, it feels so festive and makes me happy! I’m also always burning yummy candles that smell like baked goods lol. I haven’t watched The Christmas Contract, but I’m always looking for new Christmas movies to watch so that’s going on my list!

Posted 11.27.18 Reply

Jiawun I start my Christmas music right after Thanksgiving! I like a lot of candles that smell like baked goods as well as long as they are not overly sweet. The Christmas Contract was a really cute movie! Hope you enjoy it if you are able to watch it!

9. Alix Maza wrote:

The holiday season is super hectic for like everyone! I usually do a calming face mask and diffuse a de-stressing mix of essential oils.

Posted 11.27.18 Reply

Alix it definitely is! I love a good face mask! Essential oils are always a great way to relax as well!

Posted 11.27.18 Reply
  10. Love this list! It’s so fun! I agree! Christmas music and Christmas movies are my favorite. I would also add that last night my small group talked about how if we really want to rest and take care of ourselves, we need to be spending time with God, because God gives us a deep, peaceful rest. So I will be adding that to my self-care list too.

Posted 11.27.18 Reply

Thank You Kristin! Christmas time is just so much fun even when it gets stressful. I agree that spending time with God during the holidays (also at all times) is a great way to get a good rest. 🙂

11. Melissa wrote:

These are great ideas! Holiday movies make me feel warm and fuzzy. I’m watching White Christmas right now! I also partake in holiday cookies and chocolate, although this probably isn’t the healthiest way to treat myself.

Posted 11.28.18 Reply

Melissa thank you! I love a good holiday cookie and some chocolate! Sometimes you just have to treat yourself, even if it’s not completely healthy. 🙂

Posted 12.16.18 Reply
  12. Holiday music would be my favorite. I can listen to it at work, car, house and it never gets old.

Posted 11.26.19 Reply

Kelly I agree! Christmas music always puts me in a good mood.

Posted 11.27.19 Reply
  13. Taylor wrote:

These are all such fun ways to take care of yourself during the holidays. And I feel like these are great things to bring in the holiday spirit.

Posted 11.26.19 Reply

Thank You Taylor! We often forget ourselves during the holidays, so it’s so important to remember self care.

Posted 11.27.19 Reply
  14. Stephanie wrote:

I’ve been trying to do most of these things on a regular basis. I’ve been more busy this holiday season than any before. I appreciate all the fantastic suggestions!

Posted 11.26.19 Reply

Yes to practicing most of these on a regular basis! Holidays are typically hectic for me and I always forget to take care of myself. So I figured what better way to take care of myself then to practice self care. Glad you enjoyed the suggestions!

Posted 11.27.19 Reply
  15. Ray wrote:

These are all such great tips. I resonate deeply with number 3, especially during this busy holiday season. It’s so easy to feel obliged to go to EVERYTHING but have no energy or time to really squeeze in all of it. Thanks for the great post and reminder to care about our wellbeing this busy season! x

Posted 11.27.19 Reply

Ray I am so glad you enjoyed the tips. It would be great to be able to attend every holiday event, etc but we have to give ourselves some grace as well.

Posted 12.4.19 Reply
  16. Kileen wrote:

The holiday stress is totally real! Self care, especially during this season is so important and needed! I love to light candles, listen to music, and love a good shopping trip!

Kileen

Posted 11.27.19 Reply
  17. Marina wrote:

I can proudly say that I do everything in your list and I’m really happy about it! Self care is so important and it’s always important to me, not only during the holidays. Have a lovely day x

Posted 11.27.19 Reply
  18. Christa wrote:

I usually feel so much stress during the holiday season. This year I’ve promised myself to enjoy it. Festive music and long baths are definitely on the agenda.

Posted 11.27.19 Reply
  19. Self care is extra important this time of year. #3 is such a valuable and empowering tool!

Posted 11.27.19 Reply
  20. Cindy wrote:

I love these ideas! I will definitely spend some time on self care this weekend.

Posted 11.28.19 Reply

Thank You Cindy! Self care is always a great thing!

Posted 12.4.19 Reply
  21. I am so glad you posted this, because self care is so important, especially during the busy holidays!

Posted 12.4.19 Reply

Thank You! I agree that self care is a must all the time but especially during the holidays.

Posted 12.12.19 Reply