Life Lately October 2019

Hi Friends! It’s been quiet over here for a little because life has been super busy lately. I haven’t done a life update in quite some time, so I figured we were a little overdue with catching up! Let’s get cozy and caught up!

Life

-My husband and I took a trip to Germany and Prague for two weeks. It was a much needed vacation, as he and I had been swamped with work being busy over the last few months. I was extremely excited about visiting Germany again because I had not been in over 16 years. I loved being able to spend time with my family for a few days and attend my very first Oktoberfest. Oktoberfest was definitely something to say I can check off my bucket list! We had a good time but it also reminded me that I much rather enjoy a nice evening relaxing at home. Lol. We also visited some castles while in Germany that were absolutely beautiful. Of course, the food and beer were amazing, to say the least which is always a huge plus!

We spent four days in Prague and y’all…it’s so beautiful there! The architecture truly is breathtaking. My husband and I plan on taking another trip there in the future to see more sites we weren’t able to visit in the short time frame. We absolutely loved the food and the atmosphere altogether while visiting. I promise I will share more photos from our trip soon!

-Once getting back from vacation, I fought a horrible cough for almost two weeks. I thought oh it’s nothing and that it would go away by itself. Well I finally took myself to the doctor and come to find out I have bronchitis. Thankfully the shots and meds worked though I still have a cough.

-I purchased a lot of Halloween makeup over the weekend to get a few looks completed. I have never really done any Halloween looks on the blog/social media but I figured why not give it a try! That’s the only way to learn and get better. I have a few ideas of what I want to do, so stay tuned.

-While almost every woman has been seen with a PSL in her hand since Fall hit, I have been loving Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice. I’ve enjoyed them for quite some time but have been drinking them a little more lately. If you enjoy a good apple cider minus with a little bit of whipped cream (you can def get it without) and caramel, then you need to try this! It contains no caffeine in it.

My husband and I celebrated our 1 Year Wedding Anniversary over the weekend (our anniversary was yesterday). We went to a local pumpkin patch, which a lot of fun. We both have never been (or at least that we know of), so we thought why not? I took it as a chance to get some pictures in and bless my husband for doing his best to take photos. We also went out to eat dinner and then relaxed. It was a great anniversary weekend and I’m so thankful we got to relax.

Blog

-I have shot a ton of photos for upcoming blog posts. I plan on doing a lot of writing this week in hopes to get some new content out ASAP. If there is anything that you all would like to see, let me know and I will do my best to make it happen.

-I am looking to possibly do some fashion posts soon. I have purchased a ton of new Fall clothes and I figured why not do a few posts. Nothing fancy like a fashion blogger because I am not one but it might still be fun! Completely out of my comfort zone to say the least! We will see how that works out.

I enjoyed catching up with y’all today! I’d love to know what has been going on in your life.

1. Taylor wrote:

What a fun month! Happy anniversary! We went to a pumpkin patch on Friday (it was my first time as an adult, it’s been years since I’ve gone to one!) And it was so fun!

Posted 10.29.19 Reply

Thank You Taylor! It was my first time to as an adult and we really enjoyed it! So glad you had a blast when you went as well. 🙂

Posted 11.3.19 Reply
  2. Trent Peek wrote:

Looked like you had a great holiday Thanks for sharing. Germany in October is a blast!

Posted 10.29.19 Reply

I did have a great holiday. Germany was as lot of fun for sure!

Posted 11.3.19 Reply
  3. Becky wrote:

We went to Oktoberfest a few years ago – I love your outfit! I didn’t realize at the time that people dress up like that and that was one of my bigger regrets was not getting something cute to wear for it!

Posted 10.29.19 Reply

Thank You Becky! We were happy that we were able to attend Oktoberfest for the first time! It was a lot of fun. The traditional outfits are a must when you go. So much fun!

Posted 11.3.19 Reply
  4. Congrats on your anniversary! Your trip to Germany looks fab. I love that you got all dressed up for Oktoberfest and really got in the spirit. I’d love to be there to celebrate someday!

Posted 10.29.19 Reply

Thank You Claire! I was so excited to be able to go back to Germany again. Oktoberfest was a lot of fun and such a great experience.

Posted 11.3.19 Reply
  5. Kasey wrote:

My friend just moved to Prague and I am dying to visit! Can’t wait to see more of your photos!

Posted 10.29.19 Reply

That’s so awesome that your friend just moved there. It’s such a beautiful place! We hope to go back one day.

Posted 11.3.19 Reply
  6. Chel wrote:

Oh wow, Prague – I’ve always wanted to go to Prague. Totally can understand wanting to plan another trip simply to see everything that you couldn’t the first round.

And Germany? Slightly jealous, but totally glad you had an amazing time.

After vacation colds and sicknesses stink! Sorry you still had to work through a cough. I tend to get those a lot myself and they are NOT fun. Couple with a sinus drip and I just cough for days. Ugh! So, totally feel your pain there.

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Posted 10.30.19 Reply

Thank You Chel! Prague was absolutely beautiful! A trip back is a must for us! I’m so happy I was able to go back and visit Germany and can’t wait to go back there as well. Yes after vacation colds are not fun at all.

Posted 11.3.19 Reply
  7. Monica wrote:

Happy anniversary! Oktoberfest looks like a blast and a great way to celebrate!

Posted 10.30.19 Reply

Thank You Monica! We had such a good time at Oktoberfest!

Posted 11.3.19 Reply
  8. I would fly to Germany just to have a place to wear that adorable dirndl!!! Oktoberfest is on my bucket list – maybe someday.

Posted 10.31.19 Reply

Renee it was so much fun getting all dressed up for Oktoberfest! Germany has so many great things to see & do!

Posted 11.3.19 Reply
  9. aisasami wrote:

Glad that you got to enjoy Oktoberfest in Germany, I bet it is different in the States. I really want to go to Prague to enjoy Czech food. My great-grandfather is from the Czech Republic and I want to see where he grew up.

Posted 10.31.19 Reply

Oktoberfest was a lot of fun! I have never seen how they celebrate in the states but as you said I’m sure it’s a lot different. Czech food was so good! We loved everything we tried! Hopefully you will get to visit there one day.

Posted 11.3.19 Reply
  10. cara wrote:

So glad you had such a great trip to Germany and anniversary weekend! You all look so cute! And yes to sharing some fashion posts! I always love seeing everyone’s fall fashion picks. 🙂

Posted 10.31.19 Reply

We had such a great time on our trip and our anniversary weekend was such a blast. I am hoping to share some more fashion soon! Even if it’s not with me wearing the clothes. 🙂

Posted 11.3.19 Reply