Happy Friday!!! The day of the work week, we all look forward to! Today is all about my April Stitch Fix! Disclosure: This post contains referral links that will help support my StitchFix addiction. All sign ups through my referral link are greatly appreciated!
Every since I received my first Stitch fix box, I have been anxiously waiting for my second one. It’s seriously like Christmas every month (or however often you get your fix). It’s addicting. When I received my tracking notice, I was instantly excited and was like hurry up with my box already! Stitch Fix is so convient, fun and personalized. If you do not have time to personally shop for yourself, this a great service! I know you’re probably thinking, do the stylists really know what they are doing? The answer is YES! I have loved my Stitch Fix boxes so far. Your stylists are there to give you pieces that would add to your current wardrobe. If you’d like to see what I received in my first Stitch Fix box you can visit here http://sweetteaandhydrangeas.com/2015/04/07/stitch-fix-unboxing-1/
If you’re not familiar with what Stitch Fix is here is how it works:
1) You go to Stitch Fix Website to fill out a style profile. It’s fun to fill out, and you don’t even have to purchase immediately when you do this. Here you include these info:
- Date of birth, your size, measurements, how tall you are
- How you prefer clothes to fit top/bottom parts of your body
- How you characterize your proportions, how you characterize your personal style
- Answer your thoughts about some pictures of different styles
- Which occasions you need clothes for, styles you want to have more of
- Colors prints you like/want to avoid
- Do you want just clothes, or also accessories like jewelry and handbags?
2) Choose your price range. I really like this option as I don’t want to receive pieces over a certain amount of $. The styling cost is $20 and it is applied to the final purchase of your items. You also get a 25% discount if you choose to keep everything.
3) Make a Pinterest Stitch Fix Board. This is very helpful for your stylish to visualize the kinds of clothing you like. Here is my Stitch Fix Pinterest Board.
4) You schedule the date you would like to receive your fix from the available options.You can do it for every 2-3 weeks, every month (the option I have chosen), every other month and every three months.
5) Stitch Fix sends you your box on (or very close to) your preferred date. You get to keep & play dress up with the pieces for a whole 3 days. After deciding on what to keep/send back you return the items you don’t want in a prepaid envelope. Easy and super fun!
So on to what I received!
I love how the packaging is. So cute and tidy.
These are all the items that I received this month. I really love that you get a personal note from your stylist for each fix, on why they choose the items they did for you. My stylist Alexis put that she really appreciated that I had a great Pinterest board to go off of. I had requested items that I could wear on an upcoming cruise that I am going on. I let her know that I really wanted some dresses to wear (specifically a black dress) and some fun items to wear around the boat. She did great with the dresses! I also enjoy that she gave me some different options on how to style each piece.
Sweet Rain Luna V-Neck Button Down Blouse ($44). I kept this blouse because I absolutely loved it when I tried it on. You can really dress this down or up depending on what type of look you are going for. It was the perfect fit for me. I was a little worried about it fitting my upper half but it was perfect!
Eight Sixty Addie V-Neck Dress ($88). I apologize that this picture is not great what so ever to show you what the dress truly looks like. The printed picture from Stitch Fix wasn’t much better either to help. 🙁 I really loved the style of this dress; however it was just a little to tight around my rib cage, so I returned it. Dresses with zippers are really hard for me to directly find the perfect size because I am shaped so weird! Though it fit too tight around my rib cage, I loved this dress. I may even request it in the future but in a different size (which probably means I’ll have to get it taken it).
Skies are Blue Moana Collard Top ($48). I really liked this top as far as the style. it was very light weight and comfortable. When I tried it on though, it fit up top (which is surprising because I am busty) but was way to lose around my hips. I don’t like extremely fitted shirts because I am not comfortable with my stomach area, but this was not going to cut it being as lose as it was. I give props to my stylist though for picking out the piece because it really is cute.
Kensie Tobie Eyelet Dress ($98). Can I just say I loved this dress!! The color is perfect for Spring/Summer and it’s just adorable. I was sad though that it was too tight around my rib cage (ugh to being oddly shaped), so it had to be returned. If the dress would have been a little looser in that area, I would have kept this dress.
Olive & Oak Astelli Colorblock Dress (48). This dress right here was hard to not keep. It was a little to big for me on the side but I was able to pair it with a cute belt (see pictures below) and it being too big on the sides, was no longer an issue. I wear a lot of color blocked pieces, so this one was perfect to add to my closet. It is extremely comfortable and light weight.
Which belt do you like better? Silver or Brown?
So all in all, even though I only kept two pieces from this box, I was really happy with the pieces that were chosen for me. My stylist Alexis did such a great job with giving me pieces that I loved. I just wish I wasn’t so oddly shaped. I can not wait till I get my next Stitch Fix box! If you have not tried Stitch Fix, I highly recommend it! If you don’t like it you can always cancel your subscription. If you decide to subscribe, the best advice I can give you on how to get pieces that are your style is to: have a stitch fix pinterest board and give as much feedback as you can to your stylist. They really are great at listening to what you want.
I hope you enjoyed my Stitch Fix Uboxing for this month! If you are a subscriber let us know what pieces you loved in your box! We love hearing from y’all! Have a great weekend!