Hope everyone is having a great Monday so far! Today I am bringing you my review on the Million Dollar Tan Mermaid Mousse Extreme (for the face and body).
Previously in the past when it came to tanning, I would tan in a tanning bed or outside. Now I know that UV rays are harmful, especially from a tanning bed but I continued to tan anyway.In all honesty I should have stopped tanning in them years ago, seeing that both my mom and grandmother had skin cancer (but I am stubborn and did not stop even when this occurred). Recently I saw this article that was being posted around facebook about a lady that had skin cancer. When I saw this and saw what happened to her face from tanning, I really begin to think to myself, is tanning worth losing my life over or having the same thing happen to me? My answer was NO.
So I began thinking about self tanners. I always worry about using self tanners because I do not want to come out looking like an Oompa Loompa. Anyone else feel the same way with certain self tanners?
In the past I had watched youtube videos from some of my favorite beauty youtubers on what they used to self tan. This is how I came across Million Dollar Tan. And all I have to say is….this stuff is amazing! I have only used the Mousse once and I was extremely impressed (which it only took about 15 mins to apply). Here are my before and after pictures (after one application).
This was my before picture friday night. I applied the mousse around 11:30 pm.
This was my after picture the next day
So as you can tell from just a days difference, the color I got was amazing.
Pros of the Mousse (body):
- Gives a natural deep tan and is buildable
- Lasts at least a week
- Never orange, uneven, or sticky
- Color guard for mistake proof application (it shows where you are applying it to, so you don’t miss any spots)
- Blends smoothly (goes on like butter)
Pros of the Mousse (face):
- The formula is actually good for your face! It Includes:
- Elix-Ir: helps to preserve skin firmness and elasticity
- Instalift: with Gogi Berry extract, it tightens, smoothes and firms skin with 1 hour of application
- Grap Stem Cells: protects against UV damage and increases skins UV tolerance
- Botanimoist: immediately hydrates skin
- All the pros for the body are the same for the face
My suggestions if you decide to purchase the mousse:
- Exfoliate (this will keep your tan on longer)
- Apply it before you go to bed, since it recommends waiting 6-8 hours to shower,etc after application.
- Buy the blending mitt that they have (the mitts are amazing and worth the money. They are so soft and it makes the application that much better
- If you want a more flawless tan purchase the Blend Friend Barrier Oil which will help absorb the tanner in areas that skin tend to be drier (knees, elbows, feet and hands)
So if you’re looking for a great sunless tanner, I recommend these! These are the best self tanners I have ever purchased so far. They are a little on the pricy side but well worth it. Hope you enjoyed my review. If you have any recommendations on sunless tanners leave us a comment below. We love hearing feedback from everyone.