30 Facts You May Not Know About Me

Hi Friends!! I hope everyone is having a great week so far! I must say that even though this is a short work week for me, it’s been the longest! Anyone else feel this way? I think that always happens though after a nice long weekend. I’ve noticed a lot of new readers around here recently, so I thought I would tell you a little bit about the girl behind the blog. I always love reading posts like these because it allows me to learn more about my fellow bloggers. If you’re new welcome! If you’re a frequent reader, I hope you learn something new. Here we go!

1. I was named after a girl that my parents went to school with. I will say that when I was younger I didn’t always like my name. I used to get picked on and get called “Mistle-toe”, etc and it drove me nuts. Now I’m like at least I don’t have a name like a million other people in this world.
  2. My favorite colors are red, blue, pink and yellow.
  3. I am obsessed with all things makeup and skincare. I particularly love eyeshadow palettes. I have way too many to count but always find an excuse to buy another one.  When it comes to skincare, I am a face mask junkie.
  4. I am the oldest of four children.
  5. My fiancée and I have been together for a little over 8 years.
  6. I am not a very patient person. I’ve got better with being more patient as I’ve gotten older…but not much.
  7. I have a degree in Psychology and a minor in Criminal Justice.
  8. My favorite sports to watch are football and baseball.
  9. I could eat sushi several times a week.
  10. My favorite candies are Kit Kats and Reese’s peanut butter cups. Pretty much any candy that has peanut butter in it I am all for.
  11. I work in Human Resources. There is never a dull moment to say the least.
  12. My favorite season is Fall.
  13. I love reading my horoscope and anything that deals with astrology, which is why I only get my horoscope and pam read by the best in Indianapolis psychics whom I have been visiting for years now.  I’m a Gemini. Sign of the twins!
  14. I’m a very in your face type of person. I can be very blunt and to the point when it comes to most situations. I don’t typically hold back.
  15. I love dancing. I danced for fifteen years and loved it!
  16. I enjoy reading books, especially thrillers.
  17. My favorite things to drink are water, Dr. Pepper, wine and margaritas.
  18. My taste in music ranges from R&B, Pop, Rap, Country to oldies. If I find a song that I like it really doesn’t matter the genre. Some of my favorite artists are: Britney Spears, Lil Wayne, Tim McGraw, Post Malone, Alanis Morrissette, Drake, Demi Lavato…the list goes on and on.
  19. I am obsessed with my dogs Boundin and Peanut. If I could rescue every dog, I would.
  20. My grandparents are my world. I love being able to spend time with them whenever I can.
  21. I’m a natural brunette.
  22. I used to be a social worker for individuals with developmental disabilities.
  23. I love lifting weights.
  24. My favorite foods are: oysters, steaks, crawfish, tacos and sushi of course. I love food to be honest.
  25. I love to travel. My dream vacation would be Bora Bora.
  26. My favorite movie is The Notebook.
  27. If I could meet any blogger it would be Maddie Potter Duff from Ottestyle. She seems like a sweetheart and someone who would be a blast to hang out with.
  28. I’ve been blogging for almost four years.
  29. I’m a sucker for Reality Tv. I know….I can’t help it.
  30. I have a huge fear of public speaking. This is why I don’t record a lot of live videos on social media,etc. I’m trying to get over this fear slowly.

I hope everyone enjoyed learning a little bit more about me today! This post made me think a lot!

I would love to know more about you! Share some facts about yourself in the comments below.

1. Linh wrote:

Love these posts because it gives us a chance to get to know you better. Sushi is the best isn’t it??

Posted 9.6.18 Reply

Lihn these posts are always fun! Sushi is always a good choice.

Posted 9.6.18 Reply
  2. Really interesting write-up. Summing up yourself in 30 brief points. Nice and crisp.

Thanks Sonali.

Posted 9.6.18 Reply
  3. Loved getting to know you! I love your name! Tacos are one of my favorites too!

Posted 9.6.18 Reply

Thanks Ashley!!! Tacos seriously are the best.

4. Marette wrote:

I thought about going to school for psychology. I always found it so interesting. I love sushi too! One of my favorite foods! I’m excited for fall!

Posted 9.6.18 Reply

Marette you should!! Psychology is tough but so interesting! I am addicted to sushi. Lol. I wish it would get cooler here already.

Posted 9.6.18 Reply
  5. Neat post. It’s always nice to learn a little bit about the person behind the blog. I wonder if this will help my readers feel they know me on a more personal basis. Thanks for the idea and the info!

Posted 9.6.18 Reply

Thank You Amy-Lynn! I think it’s always good to let your readers know a little bit more about you without being overly personal.

6. Annaliese wrote:

I did dance for a long time too! And TOTALLY get having a unique name- I hated it as a kid!

xoxo A

Posted 9.6.18 Reply

Annaleise that is so awesome that you danced for a long time! How long did you dance for?! I know having a unique name was never fun as a kid. But now we can actually appreciate it. 🙂

7. Becky wrote:

It’s nice getting to know you a little better! Now I’m craving sushi, haha. I’m also a sucker for reality TV, which I hate to admit because I’ve always considered myself more “intellectual.” But I’ll admit I can’t stop watching Bachelor in Paradise!

Posted 9.6.18 Reply

Thank You Becky! Sushi is just so good! Honestly I could eat it all the time. I have never watched Bachelor in Paradise. I’ve heard it’s good though!

Posted 9.10.18 Reply
  8. Thrillers are some of my favorite books to read, too! I also enjoy listening to them on audiobook. Just finished Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman. I mention it because part of it takes place in Bora Bora. 🙂 It doesn’t have the best reviews, but I really enjoyed it. I’m wondering if listening to it made a difference for me.

Posted 9.6.18 Reply

Crystal most of my books on my bookshelf are thrillers. I have so many that I need to read though. I think I’ve heard of that book! I may have to check it out to see how it is! Thank You for the recommendation!

9. Muna Kenny wrote:

Well, it’s nice to meet you :)! These are some interesting facts about you. I love fall too.

Posted 9.6.18 Reply

It’s nice to meet you as well Muna! Fall is just so wonderful.

10. Christa wrote:

This is such a great way to get to know you. I think your name is lovely. And Reese’s PB cups are definitely the best candy bars. 😁

Posted 9.7.18 Reply

Christa thank you! I love all types of Reese’s! Seriously my favorite.

Posted 9.10.18 Reply
  11. I love getting to know you better! I like your name a lot and I think it’s so cool that you studied criminal justice! I also love food (especially steak lol).

Posted 9.7.18 Reply

Thank You Kristin! My name is def not like many others. Lol. I loved criminal justice. Steak is just so good! How do you eat yours? I do mine rare to medium rare.

Posted 9.10.18 Reply
  12. I would have never known that you were a brunette! I love it both ways.

Also, I like that your name is unique. Not everyone has it.

Posted 9.7.18 Reply

Thanks girl! I’ve thought about going back brunette for the winter, so we shall see. Lol. I am glad that I have my name now because it’s so different. 🙂

13. Erin Haugerud wrote:

Love this!!great facts! You like a lot of colors! 😉

Posted 9.7.18 Reply

Thank You Erin! I do like a lot of colors. Lol. 🙂

14. Keating wrote:

Girl, I could eat sushi daily haha it’s easily my favorite food!! My favorite movie is also The Notebook! And I had no idea what you did for work prior to this post haha currently my blog is my job so I naturally just assume everyone is home working like I am haha thanks for this little behind the scenes look at your life!!

Posted 9.7.18 Reply

I have been addicted to sushi for at least 10+ years. I can’t help it! Lol. Do you eat cooked sushi or raw? I do both. I figured most people didn’t know what I did for work. Lol. Once I have kids I may be a stay at home mom, so I may be like you in the future (which is totally cool). 🙂 Glad you enjoyed the behind the scenes.

15. Melissa wrote:

I love that you love Lil Wayne too. People never expect me to start rapping his songs…😂😂😂. The Notebook is such a great movie and book.
    Hmm about me. I still find coloring very relaxing and have an adult coloring book. I can watch the movie Midnight in Paris over and over again and never get sick of it.

Posted 9.8.18 Reply

Melissa I grew up around the New Orleans area, so Lil Wayne is a must. Lol. I have watched The Notebook so many times and I never get tired of it. Coloring is so much fun! I haven’t done it much since I’ve gotten older but as a kid, it was my thing. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen Mightnight in Paris, I need to check it out!

16. Cara wrote:

This was so fun learning more about you! I had no idea you were natural brunette- you look so pretty either way! And I’m the same way with my music- doesn’t matter the genre as long as it has a good beat/lyrics I’m all in.

Posted 9.8.18 Reply

Thank You girl! I am a natural brunette. Lol. A lot of people think I am a natural blonde. I can do both shades but I do blonde a lot more. I love music! If it gets me dancing or speaks to me, I am all for it. 🙂

17. Audrey wrote:

Weight lifting is a huge part of my life and I love finding other girls that love it too!

Posted 9.9.18 Reply

Audrey I enjoy weight lifing a lot! I don’t get too crazy with it but enough to get some definition.